TextEditor>>possiblyChanged broke TextEditor quite well :(

TextEditor>>possiblyChanged broke TextEditor quite well :(

Stéphane Ducasse

From: stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>
Date: August 17, 2010 10:46:05 PM GMT+02:00
To: Pharo Development <[hidden email]>
Subject: TextEditor>>possiblyChanged broke TextEditor quite well :(

Hi fernando

apparently in TextEditor>>stateArrayPut: stateArray there is call to possiblyChanged which does not exist in pharo or Squeak

TextEditor>>stateArrayPut: stateArray
| sel |
sel := stateArray at: 1.
self selectFrom: sel first to: sel last.
beginTypeInBlock := stateArray at: 2.
emphasisHere := stateArray at: 3.
morph possiblyChanged

And this breaks the system when I try to integrate the ParagraphEditro replacement.... lost laready a couple of hours

In CUIS it is defined as

PluggableTextMorph>>possiblyChanged
"A hook for notificating possible interested parties
Not used in base system"

TextMorph>>possiblyChanged

TextMorphForEditView>>possiblyChanged
editView possiblyChanged

So?
Do we need that? if not we should remove all the senders

Re: TextEditor>>possiblyChanged broke TextEditor quite well :(

Fernando olivero-2
This method is used when installing an new editor on a TextMorph, and resusing the state of the previous one ( for example: selection interval).

Currently we are just creating a new one, so YES, we could remove all senders.

Fernando.

Re: TextEditor>>possiblyChanged broke TextEditor quite well :(

Stéphane Ducasse
good news.

So I will do it.