TextEditor

HilaireFernandes
Hello,

How can I get a text editor window?

I can't make sense of the TextEditor class, and its comment is not helpful.

What is the logic behind?

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: TextEditor

hernanmd
StandardWindow new
 addMorph: (
  RubScrolledTextMorph new
   withLineNumbers;
   appendText: '/path/to/file' asFileReference contents)
 fullFrame: (0@0 corner: 1@1) asLayoutFrame;
 openInWorld.

Cheers,

Hernán

> Hello,
>
> How can I get a text editor window?
>
> I can't make sense of the TextEditor class, and its comment is not helpful.
>
> What is the logic behind?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu

Re: TextEditor

HilaireFernandes
Hello Hernán,

Thanks to point Rubric which I did not know until now. Any doc/pointer
about this new boy in town?

What is the differences with the TextEditor?

Can the text contains arbitrary Morph?

I am exploring the idea of an infinite roll with text, code and morph.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: TextEditor

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

depending on your use-case you might also consider Spec or Playground http://forum.world.st/Using-Playgrounds-as-a-notepad-tp4869129p4869227.html

Peter

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: TextEditor

SergeStinckwich

Sent from my iPhone

> On 21 Sep 2018, at 16:05, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Hernán,
>
> Thanks to point Rubric which I did not know until now. Any doc/pointer
> about this new boy in town?
>
> What is the differences with the TextEditor?
>
> Can the text contains arbitrary Morph?
>
> I am exploring the idea of an infinite roll with text, code and morph.

You should have a look to GTDocumenter.

> Hilaire
>

>> Le 21/09/2018 à 00:19, Hernán Morales Durand a écrit :
>> StandardWindow new
>> addMorph: (
>>  RubScrolledTextMorph new
>>   withLineNumbers;
>>   appendText: '/path/to/file' asFileReference contents)
>> fullFrame: (0@0 corner: 1@1) asLayoutFrame;
>> openInWorld.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Hernán
>
> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu

Re: TextEditor

HilaireFernandes
Hi Peter,

Thanks to point Spec and TextPresenter (TextModel was deprecated) which
I did not know until now.

Is it related somehow to TextEditor? Or Rubric which I learn about recently?

Can it contain arbitrary Morph with some layout? In the image, I did not
find clue about that, and get lost exploring the classes.

Thanks for any enlightenments

Hilaire

Le 21/09/2018 à 18:01, Peter Uhnak a écrit :
> depending on your use-case you might also consider Spec or
> Playground http://forum.world.st/Using-Playgrounds-as-a-notepad-tp4869129p4869227.html

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: TextEditor

HilaireFernandes
I know about GTDocumenter but this is not what I am looking for.

I am looking at the idea of an infinite roll with text, code and morph.

Hilaire

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 2:47 PM Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
I know about GTDocumenter but this is not what I am looking for.

I am looking at the idea of an infinite roll with text, code and morph.

I don't understand, why this is not appropriate. I'm interested to use it
for PolyMath or CORMAS, in order to put the same document, text, simulations, piece of code, etc ...

--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroun
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: TextEditor

HilaireFernandes
Okay may be it is. I guess I need to see more of it then. I played a bit
with the tutorial, and I felt it to be  too geeky for my targeted users
(teacher and mid hight school learner).

Hilaire