Texture rendering into shared memory?

LawsonEnglish
Anyone ever use the OpenGL shared memory texture rendering with squeak?

I have potential uses for it, but its hard to map the squeak way unto
the C source examples, expecially when squeak seems to be doing so much
behind the scenes already.

Lawson

Re: [Pharo-project] Texture rendering into shared memory?

Fernando olivero
Hi, using Alien ( a new FFI ) we made AlienOpenGL.

In it  i've implemented a  class  that reifies the FrameBufferObject in smalltalk, that you can send messages as any other object.  I had some initial implementation of Pixel Buffer Objects also.
( But this classes are not fully finished ).

This would be one way of interfacing with OpenGL from Smalltalk. The other is the OpenGL interface of Croquet, that can be loaded into Pharo or Squeak also. I dont know if they have the features you speak of.

But i don't understand exactly what are your goals,  could you please provide more detail of what you want to accomplish?

Fernando

Fernando olivero wrote:

> Hi, using Alien ( a new FFI ) we made AlienOpenGL.
>
> In it  i've implemented a  class  that reifies the FrameBufferObject in smalltalk, that you can send messages as any other object.  I had some initial implementation of Pixel Buffer Objects also.
> ( But this classes are not fully finished ).
>
> This would be one way of interfacing with OpenGL from Smalltalk. The other is the OpenGL interface of Croquet, that can be loaded into Pharo or Squeak also. I dont know if they have the features you speak of.
>
> But i don't understand exactly what are your goals,  could you please provide more detail of what you want to accomplish?
>

> Fernando

Basically, I want to implement a squeak-based plugin tester for second life.

*http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Media_Rendering_Plugin_System_Technical_Overview

Lots of potential uses there.

Lawson
*