Thank You, Ian

Bob Jarvis
Just wanted to say "Thank you" to Ian Bartholomew for the Chunk
Browser.  It just saved me a morning's worth of work.  You know the
drill - bring up image first thing in the day, change this, change
that, change something else, finally get things working, make just One
More Change (tm) - and boom, image crash!  Adios work...

Dug out the Chunk Browser, which I'd never used before, read the help
file, fumbled around a bit, and got everything back!

Thanks, Ian.

Re: Thank You, Ian

Ian Bartholomew
Bob,

> Dug out the Chunk Browser, which I'd never used before, read the help
> file, fumbled around a bit, and got everything back!
>
> Thanks, Ian.

Glad that the ChunkBrowser helped. It's not a nice feeling when you lose a
chunk of work like that, and it's always a bit you are really pleased with
isn't it :).  I have to say I don't use the CB as much as I did in the past,
a combination of other tools (my Method History tweak) together with a
number of painful lessons finally learnt, but it is nice to know it is
available - just in case.

I've working on a rewrite of the CB that, hopefully, makes it easier to use
as well as a bit faster and containing less "sniffy" code. One day ....

Regards
    Ian

Re: Thank You, Ian

Daryl Richter
On 19 Feb 2002 11:18:44 -0800, [hidden email] (Bob Jarvis) wrote:

>Just wanted to say "Thank you" to Ian Bartholomew for the Chunk
>Browser.  It just saved me a morning's worth of work.  You know the
>drill - bring up image first thing in the day, change this, change
>that, change something else, finally get things working, make just One
>More Change (tm) - and boom, image crash!  Adios work...
>
>Dug out the Chunk Browser, which I'd never used before, read the help
>file, fumbled around a bit, and got everything back!
>
>Thanks, Ian.

I heartily echo those sentiments.  The Chunk Browser has saved my ...
chunks many times.

Daryl Richter
Lead Programmer, Exelon Power Team
drichter[at]pwrteam[dot]com
http://www.exeloncorp.com/powerteam

Re: Thank You, Ian

Diaz Cortez-2
me too , thanks Ian  for your great piece of  software

"Bob Jarvis" <[hidden email]> escribió en el mensaje
news:[hidden email]...

> Just wanted to say "Thank you" to Ian Bartholomew for the Chunk
> Browser.  It just saved me a morning's worth of work.  You know the
> drill - bring up image first thing in the day, change this, change
> that, change something else, finally get things working, make just One
> More Change (tm) - and boom, image crash!  Adios work...
>
> Dug out the Chunk Browser, which I'd never used before, read the help
> file, fumbled around a bit, and got everything back!
>
> Thanks, Ian.

Re: Thank You, Ian

ar-2
same here

At one point I had to port a load of Visual Smalltalk packages.  I was having
trouble futzing the format of the fileout so Dolphin would accept it. Finally
I just fired up the ChunkBrowser and it either read the code immediately or
with only some minor tweaking and I had my code in dolphin.