Thanks but PRoblems unpacking Iliad-0.8.Pharo.zip

Thanks but PRoblems unpacking Iliad-0.8.Pharo.zip

ofi-2
Hi,
first of all thank You very much for porting even after only one day
of Pharao 1.0 Release, but I can't unpack the one-click-Image,
because:

uderzo:Downloads ofi$ gunzip --version
gzip 1.3.12
[Copyright and credits removed]
uderzo:Downloads ofi$ gunzip -t Iliad-0.8-Pharo.zip

gzip: Iliad-0.8-Pharo.zip: invalid compressed data--format violated

I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.3. What's wrong?
Thanks in advance and kindest of regards
  [ofi]

Re: Thanks but PRoblems unpacking Iliad-0.8.Pharo.zip

ofi-2
Sorry for answering at my own posts, but the MetaCello load doesn't
work either, because the debugger warning states that core packages
are missing.
How I fundled it to work out (kindo of) on a clean Pharo 1.0 image
was:

ConfigurationOfGrease loadLatestVersion

Then loading as described in the "manually" section, but "Iliad-
Magritte" should read "Iliad-More-Magritte" and it was version 0.8b1
for most of the packages.

After firing up SwazooIliad the counter examples are working but
neither the blog nor the ToDo example. Pity. Maybe I'll come back to
this tomorrow but now it's getting too late.

Anyway: Thanks!
Cheers et salut
  [ofi]

On 19 Apr., 01:31, ofi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> first of all thank You very much for porting even after only one day
> of Pharao 1.0 Release, but I can't unpack the one-click-Image,
> because:
>
> uderzo:Downloads ofi$ gunzip --version
> gzip 1.3.12
> [Copyright and credits removed]
> uderzo:Downloads ofi$ gunzip -t Iliad-0.8-Pharo.zip
>
> gzip: Iliad-0.8-Pharo.zip: invalid compressed data--format violated
>
> I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.3. What's wrong?
> Thanks in advance and kindest of regards
>   [ofi]

Re: Thanks but PRoblems unpacking Iliad-0.8.Pharo.zip

Nicolas Petton
Le dimanche 18 avril 2010 à 17:17 -0700, ofi a écrit :
> Sorry for answering at my own posts, but the MetaCello load doesn't
> work either, because the debugger warning states that core packages
> are missing.

Hi,

The Metacello configuration was provided by German some time ago, maybe
he didn't update it, I don't know, but I'll ask him.

About the corrupted zip archive, German reported it too. I'll upload a
new one tomorrow :)

> How I fundled it to work out (kindo of) on a clean Pharo 1.0 image
> was:
>
> ConfigurationOfGrease loadLatestVersion
>
> Then loading as described in the "manually" section, but "Iliad-
> Magritte" should read "Iliad-More-Magritte" and it was version 0.8b1
> for most of the packages.

Fixed, thanks! You should load packages from the 0.8 release, not the
beta1.

> After firing up SwazooIliad the counter examples are working but
> neither the blog nor the ToDo example.

The todo example is working fine for me in Iliad 0.8. I removed the blog
example as it was outdated. I hope I'll have time to add more examples
in the future, sorry about that.

Cheers!

Nico

Re: Thanks but PRoblems unpacking Iliad-0.8.Pharo.zip

Nicolas Petton
Hi,

I uploaded a new archive, which should hopefully work fine.

You can download it at:
http://downloads.iliadproject.org/iliad-0.8-Pharo.zip

I also updated the Metacello configuration.

Cheers,

Nico

Re: Thanks but PRoblems unpacking Iliad-0.8.Pharo.zip

ofi-2
Thanks a lot again,
now it runs like a squirrel up the trees. (Ehmm..whatever these mock
apps are for. ;-)

Now I feel free to play around, because I'm absolutely new to Iliad.
If I could manage maybe one day I can help out with some of the
documentation urgently needed.

Yours experimentally

Le lundi 19 avril 2010 à 16:04 -0700, ofi a écrit :
> Thanks a lot again,
> now it runs like a squirrel up the trees. (Ehmm..whatever these mock
> apps are for. ;-)

I'll update the tests to hide them.

> Now I feel free to play around, because I'm absolutely new to Iliad.

Feel free to ask questions, I'll be eager to answer.

> If I could manage maybe one day I can help out with some of the
> documentation urgently needed.

That would be *so* great!

Nico