Thanks for Athens and Esse and a question about Freetype support for Athens in Pharo 3.0 image on Arch Gnu/Linux 64 bits

Thanks for Athens and Esse and a question about Freetype support for Athens in Pharo 3.0 image on Arch Gnu/Linux 64 bits

Offray
Hi,

Yesterday I was again take a look back into pharo. I really like
zoomable interfaces and despite that most of my hobby programming today
is done on python/web2py I would like to keep pharo on the radar and not
loosing touch with the language and community. So I would like to make
some minor experiments about prezi like presentations on using
Esse[1][2] and Athens. I just want to thank you about that projects and
let you know that support for Athens was really smooth on Pharo 3.0

[1] http://gsoc2012.esug.org/showcase
[2] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/792245/Esse%20project.mp4

There is a minor glitch about freetype fonts support that I image is
related with the path of the for 64 bit systems as a 32 bit library. The
same happen some time ago with cairo, so, if someone knows where to find
to declare the path for that fonts I would really appreciate that.

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Thanks for Athens and Esse and a question about Freetype support for Athens in Pharo 3.0 image on Arch Gnu/Linux 64 bits

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

> Yesterday I was again take a look back into pharo. I really like zoomable interfaces and despite that most of my hobby programming today is done on python/web2py I would like to keep pharo on the radar and not loosing touch with the language and community. So I would like to make some minor experiments about prezi like presentations on using Esse[1][2] and Athens. I just want to thank you about that projects and let you know that support for Athens was really smooth on Pharo 3.0

Thanks this is a good feedback.
I looked at the video and I saw that not everything is displayed using Athens, so if you want to help we should convert some morphic rendering to athens.

> [1] http://gsoc2012.esug.org/showcase
> [2] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/792245/Esse%20project.mp4
>
> There is a minor glitch about freetype fonts support that I image is related with the path of the for 64 bit systems as a 32 bit library. The same happen some time ago with cairo, so, if someone knows where to find to declare the path for that fonts I would really appreciate that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Offray

Re: Thanks for Athens and Esse and a question about Freetype support for Athens in Pharo 3.0 image on Arch Gnu/Linux 64 bits

philippeback
I discovered that the LineMorph was still around in the image.

I kind of like that Morph.

Esse looks very nice indeed. I'll try it out for a presentation this week (nothing better than deadlines to make one learn fast...).

Phil

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

> Yesterday I was again take a look back into pharo. I really like zoomable interfaces and despite that most of my hobby programming today is done on python/web2py I would like to keep pharo on the radar and not loosing touch with the language and community. So I would like to make some minor experiments about prezi like presentations on using Esse[1][2] and Athens. I just want to thank you about that projects and let you know that support for Athens was really smooth on Pharo 3.0

Thanks this is a good feedback.
I looked at the video and I saw that not everything is displayed using Athens, so if you want to help we should convert some morphic rendering to athens.

> [1] http://gsoc2012.esug.org/showcase
> [2] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/792245/Esse%20project.mp4
>
> There is a minor glitch about freetype fonts support that I image is related with the path of the for 64 bit systems as a 32 bit library. The same happen some time ago with cairo, so, if someone knows where to find to declare the path for that fonts I would really appreciate that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Offray

Re: Thanks for Athens and Esse and a question about Freetype support for Athens in Pharo 3.0 image on Arch Gnu/Linux 64 bits

philippeback
I tried to load this but Esse loads from http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Esse, while Esse.2 (package) hasse a number of Esse.2.* versions which are **empty** :-(

So, p := EsseProject new doesn't work as there is no EsseProject class loaded.

Looks like Esse has the main classes and Esse.2 has the EsseProject, which just isn't there.

Anyone to move all of this to SmalltalkHub BTW? With MIT licence?

Phil

On Oct 2, 2013, at 8:06 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tried to load this but Esse loads from http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Esse, while Esse.2 (package) hasse a number of Esse.2.* versions which are **empty** :-(

So, p := EsseProject new doesn't work as there is no EsseProject class loaded.

Looks like Esse has the main classes and Esse.2 has the EsseProject, which just isn't there.

Anyone to move all of this to SmalltalkHub BTW?

Yes

With MIT licence?

Yes but may be you should contact his author.

Phil