Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Thanks for the fantastic ideas.

Casey Ransberger-2
I knew I was going to be overwhelmed and blown away when I asked the community for suggestions. 

I'm at the point where I'm still reading ideas people wrote to share with me, and I have a few favorites that I'm investigating, but I'm gonna have to close the flood gates! Before my brain explodes, SPLAT!

FWIW, some of the best ideas came off list from people who's names I didn't know. I'd like to give extra thanks to these folks; it's been great to meet you and hear your wonderful thoughts. I'd love to see this set post on the list(s) more. 

Also: sorry about spamming the list with the thread. Hopefully I can make it worth whatever bandwidth inconvenience I may have caused. 

Onward and such! (Up.)

Casey

--
Casey Ransberger

Reply | Threaded
|

GSoC (was: Thanks for the fantastic ideas.)

Bert Freudenberg
Would any of the idea submitters like a student to work on them? There is another Google Summer of Code coming up, and we always need project ideas. In a previous GSoC, Ricardo Moran from Argentina made some awesome new Etoys tools. So please, send your idea to Janko, too!

- Bert -

Am 13.03.2013 um 09:30 schrieb Casey Ransberger <[hidden email]>:

> I knew I was going to be overwhelmed and blown away when I asked the community for suggestions.
>
> I'm at the point where I'm still reading ideas people wrote to share with me, and I have a few favorites that I'm investigating, but I'm gonna have to close the flood gates! Before my brain explodes, SPLAT!
>
> FWIW, some of the best ideas came off list from people who's names I didn't know. I'd like to give extra thanks to these folks; it's been great to meet you and hear your wonderful thoughts. I'd love to see this set post on the list(s) more.
>
> Also: sorry about spamming the list with the thread. Hopefully I can make it worth whatever bandwidth inconvenience I may have caused.
>
> Onward and such! (Up.)
>
>
> Casey
>
>
> --
> Casey Ransberger
>
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: GSoC (was: Thanks for the fantastic ideas.)

Bert Freudenberg
On 2013-03-13, at 11:04, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would any of the idea submitters like a student to work on them? There is another Google Summer of Code coming up, and we always need project ideas. In a previous GSoC, Ricardo Moran from Argentina made some awesome new Etoys tools. So please, send your idea to Janko, too!
>
> - Bert -

PS: Here is what Janko wrote last week on how to submit your idea:

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] [squeak-dev] GSoC13: Google Summer of Code started, your ideas please!
> Date: 9. März 2013 14:16:42 MEZ
> To: A friendly place where any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>
> Cc: "[hidden email] Development" <[hidden email]>, Squeak <[hidden email]>
> Reply-To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>
>
> Hi Stef,
>
> Post on the mailing list for each project idea by following this template:
>
>  Level: (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
>
>  Possible mentor:
>
>  Possible second mentor:
>
>  Description
>
>  Technical Details
>
>  Benefits to the Student
>
>  Benefits to the Community