Thanks to Monty, SIXX updated to latest XMLParser!

Thanks to Monty, SIXX updated to latest XMLParser!

GLASS mailing list
Hi guys,

Several months ago I kindly asked Monty if he would be able to use all his XML knowledge to update GemStone's SIXX.

I very much appreciate what he did. And even if it might break materialization of existing files, I believe its totally worth. Until now, SIXX was using an INCREDIBLE OLD GemStone-specific XMLSupport package that nobody maintained. XML has evolved other the years and Pharo code is a million years ahead. In addition, it was quite hard to keep an app working on Pharo and GemStone because of this difference.

With these changes, SIXX can now use the Pharo's up to date XMLParser, which is super cool. I verified his code loads, runs, and tests are with the same results as before the changes. I then packaged everything to submit on github and created a PR for it [1].

Thanks Monty!

Re: Thanks to Monty, SIXX updated to latest XMLParser!

GLASS mailing list

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 4:17 PM, Petr Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am confused about Gemstone open source github pages again:

1) https://github.com/GsDevKit (actual?)

2) https://github.com/glassdb (old, deprecated?)

As far as I understand, yes, that conclusion is correct. But, not everything has been migrated from old to new. I think it has been more "on demand".
So...as I haven't found SIXX in the new one, at least I pushed it to the old one. If somebody is willing to move SIXX to the new one and Dale thinks it's a good idea, please go ahead!

pf