Thanks!

Rob Rothwell
Just a note to all who have contributed to the further development of Aida:

Thank You!

The problem I am working on, generic data collection, is quite readily solved with Smalltalk, and is filled with many "linked objects."  The presentation of this model is an ideal problem for Aida, and now that I have started to get the hang of it, it is amazing to watch the pages appear for each of these objects.

It sounds a little crazy, but I am still at the stage where I get thrilled just by watching the object state get saved and, as it returns to a higher level object, that page gets refreshed.

Magic.

Thank you all.  I no longer wonder if I can do what I need to do, but how fast I can do it.

The right tool for the right job is a beautiful thing.

Rob

Re: Thanks!

Janko Mivšek
Hi Rob,

Rob Rothwell wrote:
> Just a note to all who have contributed to the further development of Aida:
>
> Thank You!

You are welcome! You also contribute quite something already, indirectly
with your questions but more and more with concretes too.

> The problem I am working on, generic data collection, is quite readily
> solved with Smalltalk, and is filled with many "linked objects."  The
> presentation of this model is an ideal problem for Aida, and now that I
> have started to get the hang of it, it is amazing to watch the pages
> appear for each of these objects.

Linked objects, or "web of objects" is indeed a natural fit for Aida,
because it fits to the main design goal: to support the web of objects
with a web of pages representing those objects. And as the Web is known
for its strong navigation, Aida allows therefore a strong support for
navigation among your web of objects.

Janko

> It sounds a little crazy, but I am still at the stage where I get
> thrilled just by watching the object state get saved and, as it returns
> to a higher level object, that page gets refreshed.
>
> Magic.
>
> Thank you all.  I no longer wonder if I can do what I need to do, but
> how fast I can do it.
>
> The right tool for the right job is a beautiful thing.
>
> Rob

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server