The Chapter on Reflection, into 2/3rds

Yoshiki Ohshima-3
I'm looking at the Reflection chapter and here are some questions so
far:

- It mentions a method called crossReference, but it does not exist
  (in Pharo 1.4, at least).  Was this removed?

- It mentions that the binding of class is stored as "literal5" for the
  method shown in the explorer.  But now it is literal6.  Maybe it
  should mention that it is always the last literal by convention?

- It mentions a selector fluchcache, but it must be flushCache.

-- Yoshiki

Re: The Chapter on Reflection, and rest of 2/3rds

Yoshiki Ohshima-3
- There is a sentence: "Methods defining a particular query may be retrieved from a class."
  But it would need a clarification.

- In summary, it states that "\item \ct{doesNotUnderstand:} cannot
  trap \self-sends."
  By looking at where it came from, you can make out what it mean, but
  probably better to explain a bit more.

-- Yoshiki

Re: The Chapter on Reflection, into 2/3rds

stephane ducasse

On Jun 5, 2012, at 11:15 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

> I'm looking at the Reflection chapter and here are some questions so
> far:
>
> - It mentions a method called crossReference, but it does not exist
>  (in Pharo 1.4, at least).  Was this removed?

probably.

> - It mentions that the binding of class is stored as "literal5" for the
>  method shown in the explorer.  But now it is literal6.  Maybe it
>  should mention that it is always the last literal by convention?

yes

> - It mentions a selector fluchcache, but it must be flushCache.

indeed.