"The Creeping Terror"

Wouter Gazendam
Today I had an instance which had one instVar programmatically
removed. Inspecting this removed instVar (by its still existing
getter) yields the ByteString 'The Creeping Terror' instead of nil.
Just curious, is this some sort of vm debug gimmick?

Wouter Gazendam

Re: "The Creeping Terror"

Dennis smith-4
Undefined vars have to in fact point somewhere -- I am shaky on the
details, but there
is a set of "undefined" values, with names I think, but if you have more
than one with the same
name they in fact share the data.

--
Dennis Smith                         +1 416.798.7948
Cherniak Software Development Corporation   Fax: +1 416.798.0948

Re: "The Creeping Terror"

Ralf Propach
Wouter Gazendam wrote:
> Today I had an instance which had one instVar programmatically
> removed. Inspecting this removed instVar (by its still existing
> getter) yields the ByteString 'The Creeping Terror' instead of nil.
> Just curious, is this some sort of vm debug gimmick?
>
> Wouter Gazendam

I do not think it is in the VM, more likely some tool in your image.
Try searching for the string, e.g. with "Methods with Strings Matching..."
in the find menu of the refactoring browser.

HTH,

Ralf

--
Ralf Propach, [hidden email]
Tel: +49 231 975 99 38   Fax: +49 231 975 99 20