The Dilemma: Building a Futuristic GUI for Ephestos

1234

Re: The Dilemma: Building a Futuristic GUI for Ephestos

kilon.alios
ah thank you ... yeah I tried something similar as a posted in a previous email of this thread. Looks like thats how fast morphic can go.

Its not super bad though , I can live with this performance :)

I will have to keep animations non looping and quite small and I should be fine.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 2:22 AM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kilon,

Not sure what you are trying to do.

Try this:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
forms := Form allInstances.
v := RTView new.
t := 1.
e := (RTBitmap new form: [ :index | forms at: index ]) elementOn: t.

v add: e.
v open.

[
        50 timesRepeat: [
                t := t + 1.
                e model: t.
                e updateShape.
                (Delay forMilliseconds: 500) wait.
                v signalUpdate ]
] fork.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Sep 14, 2014, at 1:22 AM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

> so I tried to animate in Roassal having two different images display with a delay for few millisecond but it only displays the second image with this code
>
> form1 :=Form fromFileNamed:'/Users/kilon/Pictures/pharo.png'.
> form2 :=Form fromFileNamed:'/Users/kilon/Pictures/box.png'.
> v := RTView new.
> c := v canvas.
> s := TRBitmapShape new.
> s form: form1.
> c addShape: s.
> v  open.
>
> (1 to: 100) do: [ :index|
> s form: form1.
> s signalUpdate .
> "(Delay forMilliseconds: 1000 ) wait."
> s form: form2.
> s signalUpdate .
> (Delay forMilliseconds: 1000) wait.].
>
> I looked into RTAnimation but dont know how to use it for this example. Any help ? Does Roassal 2 support such animations ?
>
> if I do s form: and then s signalUpdate for each form separately it works fine but inside the loops does not seem to work , I tried bigger delays with no effect.
>
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 10:57 AM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ronie when you ready I can help writting a chapter for the nex book.
>
> Stef
>

> On 13/9/14 21:42, Ronie Salgado wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 13/9/14 20:11, Enrico Schwass wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> another option could be the verse protocol. There was a plugin for Maya and Blender to do realtime rendering. Dont know if there is some automatic Swig-like wrapper for smalltalk but FFI might work.
>>
>> There is Wig like wrapper for Pharo done by ronie salgado.
>>
>> I have an adapted version of Swig for Pharo NativeBoost here: https://github.com/ronsaldo/swig
>>
>> Currently I am using it to generate my Bullet bindings (available here: https://github.com/ronsaldo/bullet-pharo) that can be used as an example of using Swig.
>> I still have to improve more my Swig generator, by writing documentation and fixing some bugs.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Ronie

>> On 13/9/14 20:11, Enrico Schwass wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> another option could be the verse protocol. There was a plugin for Maya and Blender to do realtime rendering. Dont know if there is some automatic Swig-like wrapper for smalltalk but FFI might work.
>>
>> There is Wig like wrapper for Pharo done by ronie salgado.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>>> http://youtu.be/c_D2YJSNj8I
>>>
>>> Almost a decade ago I did some ruby bindings by hand. It was working out of the box
>>>
>>> Bye

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

1234