The GSoC project - and more slick code from Nicolas...

The GSoC project - and more slick code from Nicolas...

gokr
Hi guys!

I just noticed that Xumuk (Rustem Khubbatov) is doing one of the GSoC
projects this year, and Amber is involved:

http://gsoc2012.esug.org/projects/mmi-amber

So, welcome to the community Rustem! Anyway, I just wanted to give you a
"headsup" that Nicolas has a **really** interesting little communication
framework brewing that uses Futures and the callback mechanism of
Seaside as the backend.

So you should *really, really, really* (I can't stress this enough) get
Nicolas to give you some info on that, because according to Nico it's
"da shit" for client/server communication :)

And of course, the rest of us eagerly awaits more info from Nicolas
about this little piece of the puzzle too.

regards, Göran

Re: The GSoC project - and more slick code from Nicolas...

XumuK
Thanks to you! it is a pleasure for me to work with such new thing as Amber and WebSockets) It`s realy interesting! So, here is my blog  http://hubbatov-amber.blogspot.com/ (it not so good as i wished but i need in comments or remarks, what should i do and what i need to do better).

P.S. Also i must say that comunication between Amber and Pharo is set up and running.

пятница, 6 июля 2012 г., 11:22:31 UTC+4 пользователь Göran Krampe написал:
Hi guys!

I just noticed that Xumuk (Rustem Khubbatov) is doing one of the GSoC
projects this year, and Amber is involved:

http://gsoc2012.esug.org/projects/mmi-amber

So, welcome to the community Rustem! Anyway, I just wanted to give you a
"headsup" that Nicolas has a **really** interesting little communication
framework brewing that uses Futures and the callback mechanism of
Seaside as the backend.

So you should *really, really, really* (I can't stress this enough) get
Nicolas to give you some info on that, because according to Nico it's
"da shit" for client/server communication :)

And of course, the rest of us eagerly awaits more info from Nicolas
about this little piece of the puzzle too.

regards, G�ran

Re: The GSoC project - and more slick code from Nicolas...

XumuK
Hi, here is screencast of my GSoC project.

Re: The GSoC project - and more slick code from Nicolas...

Bernat Romagosa
If I understood well, this is a screenshot of an example application you've developed by using a websockets + pharo + amber framework that you've written yourself, is that right?

If so, is the code available? Are there any docs on it?

Cool stuff, by the way! ^___^

Bernat Romagosa.

Yes, you are right, it is about communication between Amber and Pharo using WebSockets. You can read more here  http://hubbatov-amber.blogspot.com/

воскресенье, 2 сентября 2012 г., 22:03:20 UTC+4 пользователь Bernat Romagosa написал:
If I understood well, this is a screenshot of an example application you've developed by using a websockets + pharo + amber framework that you've written yourself, is that right?

If so, is the code available? Are there any docs on it?

Cool stuff, by the way! ^___^

2012/9/2 XumuK <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="UhlZ6LVV24YJ">hubb...@...>
Hi, here is screencast of my GSoC project.

Bernat Romagosa.