The Inbox: Files-tpr.169.mcz

commits-2
A new version of Files was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Files-tpr.169.mcz

Name: Files-tpr.169
Author: tpr
Time: 19 April 2017, 1:57:12.020502 pm
UUID: 590832cc-da85-4700-8caa-82e23e932537
Ancestors: Files-ul.168

A simple approach to handling an absence of a writeable changes file when compiling code changes.
NB - this does NOTNOTNOT address the other implementors of #acceptsLoggingOfCompilation such as UnscriptedPlayer etc that do ... odd things.

This set of changes must of course be paired with Kernel-tpr.1075 wherein we will find the new version of #acceptsLoggingOfCompilation

=============== Diff against Files-ul.168 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: ExpandedSourceFileArray>>hasWriteableChangesFile (in category 'accessing') -----
+ hasWriteableChangesFile
+ "We should check for a writeable changes file as part of the compiler #acceptsLoggingOfCompilation test"
+ ^(self at: 2) notNil!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: SourceFileArray>>hasWriteableChangesFile (in category 'accessing') -----
+ hasWriteableChangesFile
+ "We should check for a writeable chages file as part of the compiler #acceptsLoggingOfCompilation test"
+ self subclassResponsibility!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: StandardSourceFileArray>>hasWriteableChangesFile (in category 'accessing') -----
+ hasWriteableChangesFile
+ "We should check for a writeable changes file as part of the compiler #acceptsLoggingOfCompilation test"
+ ^(self at: 2) notNil!

Re: The Inbox: Files-tpr.169.mcz

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Tim,

    why not  e.g. ^(self at: 2) ifNil: [false] ifNotNil: [:file| file isReadOnly not] ?  (just curious)

Author: tpr

--
best, Eliot

Re: The Inbox: Files-tpr.169.mcz

timrowledge

> On 19-04-2017, at 2:39 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
>     why not  e.g. ^(self at: 2) ifNil: [false] ifNotNil: [:file| file isReadOnly not] ?  (just curious)

Simplest possible test to illustrate the idea is all. Maybe it should go on to actually test the file properly since it is quite possible the real state of the file is different to when we opened it. Files make my head hurt.

tim
Useful random insult:- One too many lights out in his Christmas tree.