The Inbox: Kernel-topa.508.mcz

commits-2
A new version of Kernel was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Kernel-topa.508.mcz

Name: Kernel-topa.508
Author: topa
Time: 25 October 2010, 10:30:52.354 am
UUID: bd68254c-b0c4-4cd5-9926-6a5caa6c82eb
Ancestors: Kernel-ul.507

added missing withAllSuperAndSubclassesDo:

=============== Diff against Kernel-ul.507 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Behavior>>withAllSuperAndSubclassesDo: (in category 'enumerating') -----
+ withAllSuperAndSubclassesDo: aBlock
+ self allSuperclassesDo: aBlock.
+ aBlock value: self.
+ self allSubclassesDo: aBlock!

Re: The Inbox: Kernel-topa.508.mcz

Tobias Pape
Please add this to trunk.
Only withAllSuperAndSubclassesDoGently: was available up until now.
After all, I find the whole *Gently messages a bit suspicious.
Who is using them as they where intended now? (I.e, image segments/
objectOuts)

So Long,
        -Tobias

> Name: Kernel-topa.508
> Author: topa
> Time: 25 October 2010, 10:30:52.354 am
> UUID: bd68254c-b0c4-4cd5-9926-6a5caa6c82eb
> Ancestors: Kernel-ul.507
>
> added missing withAllSuperAndSubclassesDo:
>
> =============== Diff against Kernel-ul.507 ===============
>
> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: Behavior>>withAllSuperAndSubclassesDo: (in category 'enumerating') -----
> + withAllSuperAndSubclassesDo: aBlock
> + self allSuperclassesDo: aBlock.
> + aBlock value: self.
> + self allSubclassesDo: aBlock!

Re: The Inbox: Kernel-topa.508.mcz

Bert Freudenberg
On 25.10.2010, at 10:59, Tobias Pape wrote:

> Please add this to trunk.
> Only withAllSuperAndSubclassesDoGently: was available up until now.
> After all, I find the whole *Gently messages a bit suspicious.
> Who is using them as they where intended now? (I.e, image segments/
> objectOuts)

Mariano has started to work on swapping out parts of the image (see vm-dev list) - presumably those methods would be useful if that gets working.

- Bert -

Am 2010-10-25 um 12:58 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:
> On 25.10.2010, at 10:59, Tobias Pape wrote:
>
>> Please add this to trunk.
>> Only withAllSuperAndSubclassesDoGently: was available up until now.
>> After all, I find the whole *Gently messages a bit suspicious.
>> Who is using them as they where intended now? (I.e, image segments/
>> objectOuts)
>
> Mariano has started to work on swapping out parts of the image (see vm-dev list) - presumably those methods would be useful if that gets working.

That makes sense. Gives nice opportunities for installing software.

Nevertheless, the method I committed, I bet it was there times ago in the first place.
(thou I didn't find it down to 3.8) I think its the only one of the *Gently: that
has no non-gently (whatever this implies) counterpart.

So Long,
        -Tobias