The Inbox: ShoutCore-kfr.55.mcz

commits-2
A new version of ShoutCore was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/ShoutCore-kfr.55.mcz

Name: ShoutCore-kfr.55
Author: kfr
Time: 6 January 2016, 8:49:46.186914 pm
UUID: bd33aa70-60b2-48ee-adee-31db9e5d3ab7
Ancestors: ShoutCore-ul.54

Add preference to turn syntax highlighting on or off

=============== Diff against ShoutCore-ul.54 ===============

Item was changed:
  SHTextStyler subclass: #SHTextStylerST80
  instanceVariableNames: 'classOrMetaClass workspace font parser formatAssignments environment sourceMap processedSourceMap pixelHeight attributesByPixelHeight parseAMethod'
+ classVariableNames: 'SubduedSyntaxHighlights SyntaxHighlighting SyntaxHighlightingAsYouType SyntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeAnsiAssignment SyntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeLeftArrowAssignment'
- classVariableNames: 'SubduedSyntaxHighlights SyntaxHighlightingAsYouType SyntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeAnsiAssignment SyntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeLeftArrowAssignment'
  poolDictionaries: ''
  category: 'ShoutCore-Styling'!
  SHTextStylerST80 class
  instanceVariableNames: 'styleTable textAttributesByPixelHeight'!

  !SHTextStylerST80 commentStamp: 'tween 8/27/2004 10:55' prior: 0!
  I style Smalltalk methods and expressions.

  My 'styleTable' class instance var holds an array ofArrays which control how each token is styled/coloured. See my defaultStyleTable class method for its structure.
  My styleTable can be changed by either modifying the defaultStyleTable class method and then executing SHTextStylerST80 initialize ; or by giving me a new styleTable through my #styleTable: class method.

  My 'textAttributesByPixelSize' class instance var contains a dictionary of dictionaries.
  The key is a pixelSize and the value a Dictionary from token type Symbol to TextAttribute array.
  It is created/maintained automatically.

  I also install these 3 preferences when my class initialize method is executed....
  #syntaxHighlightingAsYouType  - controls whether methods are styled in browsers
  #syntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeAnsiAssignment - controls whether assignments are formatted to be :=
  #syntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeLeftArrowAssignment - controls whether assignments are formatted to be _

  I reimplement #unstyledTextFrom: so that TextActions are preserved in the unstyled text

  !
  SHTextStylerST80 class
  instanceVariableNames: 'styleTable textAttributesByPixelHeight'!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: SHTextStylerST80 class>>syntaxHighlighting (in category 'preferences') -----
+ syntaxHighlighting
+ <preference: 'syntaxHighlighting'
+ category: 'browsing'
+ type: #Boolean>
+ ^SyntaxHighlighting ifNil: [true]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: SHTextStylerST80 class>>syntaxHighlighting: (in category 'preferences') -----
+ syntaxHighlighting: aBoolean
+ SyntaxHighlighting := aBoolean.!

Re: The Inbox: ShoutCore-kfr.55.mcz

Levente Uzonyi
There's already such preference, which does exactly the same thing. It's
called #syntaxHighlightingAsYouType.
It looks like its senders have been removed from the image for some
reason.

Levente

On Sat, 9 Jan 2016, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]
>
>  My 'textAttributesByPixelSize' class instance var contains a dictionary of dictionaries.
>   The key is a pixelSize and the value a Dictionary from token type Symbol to TextAttribute array.
>   It is created/maintained automatically.
>
>  I also install these 3 preferences when my class initialize method is executed....
>   #syntaxHighlightingAsYouType  - controls whether methods are styled in browsers
>   #syntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeAnsiAssignment - controls whether assignments are formatted to be :=
>   #syntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeLeftArrowAssignment - controls whether assignments are formatted to be _
>
>  I reimplement #unstyledTextFrom: so that TextActions are preserved in the unstyled text
>

>  !
>  SHTextStylerST80 class
>   instanceVariableNames: 'styleTable textAttributesByPixelHeight'!

Karl Ramberg
Ok,
I thought syntaxHighlightingAsYouType was more of a dynamic preference that redid the syntax while typing.
Anyway, there seem to be a old method that survived copying over to PluggableTextMorphPlus
----- Method: PluggableShoutMorph>>okToStyle (in category 'styler') -----
okToStyle
	styler ifNil:[^false].
	Preferences syntaxHighlightingAsYouType ifFalse: [^false].
	(model respondsTo: #shoutAboutToStyle: ) ifFalse:[^true].
	^model shoutAboutToStyle: self!

Best,
Karl

Author: kfr
[...]

+               description: 'Enable, or disable, Shout - Syntax Highlighting. When enabled, code in Browsers and Workspaces is styled to reveal its syntactic structure.'