The Inbox: Slice-Help-VariousEdits-sd.1.mcz

The Inbox: Slice-Help-VariousEdits-sd.1.mcz

commits-2
A new version of Slice-Help-VariousEdits was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Slice-Help-VariousEdits-sd.1.mcz

Name: Slice-Help-VariousEdits-sd.1
Author: sd
Time: 12 May 2010, 11:19:52.734 pm
UUID: e3f9228e-78f9-4bdf-b550-d550329fabd9
Ancestors:

Various minor edits for clarity and grammar, and to remove duplication...

Help->Tools->Workspace->What is a Workspace: removed instruction to open a workspace, which appears again on the next page

Help->Tools->Workspace->Open a Workspace:
* removed "(click on the Tools Flap to close it back up)" at end of Tools Flap instructions.  The flap closes by itself when the workspace is dragged out (4.1 update 10142)
* changed World menu instructions from [world menu -> open -> workspace], to [world menu -> Workspace]
* added line to "doit"
* minor edits for grammar and clarity

Help on Help->Introduction: minor grammatical change

==================== Snapshot ====================

Re: The Inbox: Slice-Help-VariousEdits-sd.1.mcz

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
This was me.  I fixed some small things in the HelpSystem.  I wasn't sure the exact procedure, and squeak.org was down, so I did what I do in Pharo:
* combined the edited packages into a slice package
* uploaded to the inbox

If I should gave done anything different, please let me know.  And, I'll read the instructions when the site is back up.

Thanks,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: The Inbox: Slice-Help-VariousEdits-sd.1.mcz

Bert Freudenberg
Am 12.05.2010 um 20:25 schrieb Sean P. DeNigris:

> This was me.  I fixed some small things in the HelpSystem.  I wasn't sure the
> exact procedure, and squeak.org was down, so I did what I do in Pharo:
> * combined the edited packages into a slice package

What's a "slice package"? Seems empty.

- Bert -

Re: The Inbox: Slice-Help-VariousEdits-sd.1.mcz

David T. Lewis
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 08:25:26PM -0700, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> This was me.  I fixed some small things in the HelpSystem.  I wasn't sure the
> exact procedure, and squeak.org was down, so I did what I do in Pharo:
> * combined the edited packages into a slice package
> * uploaded to the inbox
>
> If I should gave done anything different, please let me know.  And, I'll
> read the instructions when the site is back up.

Sean,

Thanks for contributing. I notice that you are using the author
initials 'sd' for your changes. As it happens these initials are
also used by Stephane Ducasse, who is a long time contributor to
Squeak and Pharo. It would be good if you can use a different author
initials stamp, such as 'spd'. This is important because the initials
appear in the change history of all our updates, so someone browsing
the image would assume that a method with initials 'sd' was updated
by Stef rather than you.

You can change your author initials as follows:

    Utilities setAuthorInitials: 'spd'

Dave

Re: The Inbox: Slice-Help-VariousEdits-sd.1.mcz

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Bert Freudenberg wrote
What's a "slice package"? Seems empty.
Oops.  Please ignore the slice package - the changes are in the Help-Squeak-Project and HelpSystem-Core I uploaded.  I was trying (obviously unsuccessfully, lol) to wrap related changed packages into another package to make the inbox less cluttered (this is the procedure in Pharo).  I clicked "add required package" to it in the Monticello Browser for both Help-Squeak-Project and HelpSystem-Core, but it saved them all separately in the inbox anyway.

David T. Lewis wrote
It would be good if you can use a different author
initials stamp, such as 'spd'.
Done.  Thanks.

Sean
Cheers,