The Inbox: Tests-pre.341.mcz

commits-2
Patrick Rein uploaded a new version of Tests to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Tests-pre.341.mcz

Name: Tests-pre.341
Author: pre
Time: 19 May 2016, 5:34:18.672168 pm
UUID: 0209ce70-2b8b-4d53-b743-ed1024d367ea
Ancestors: Tests-eem.340

By moving the PBColorPreferenceView from the EToys package to the PreferenceBrowser package, the PB package now depends on etyos through the UpdatingRectangleMorph. If this is intentional we should make the following modification to the PackageDependencyTests.

=============== Diff against Tests-eem.340 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: PackageDependencyTest>>testPreferenceBrowser (in category 'tests') -----
  testPreferenceBrowser
  self testPackage: #PreferenceBrowser dependsExactlyOn: #(
  #'Chronology-Core'
  Collections
  Graphics
  Kernel
  Morphic
  MorphicExtras
  System
  Tools
+ #'ToolBuilder-Morphic'
+ EToys
+ Balloon
  ).!

Re: The Inbox: Tests-pre.341.mcz

Levente Uzonyi
Hi Patrick,

Even if the change was intentional, PreferenceBrowser depending on Etoys
is not something we would want. Accepting this dependency would mean that
if we were able to unload Etoys, we would lose PreferenceBrowser as well.
Instead, we should move UpdatingRectangleMorph from Etoys to Morphic or
MorphicExtras.

Levente

On Thu, 19 May 2016, [hidden email] wrote:

> Patrick Rein uploaded a new version of Tests to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Tests-pre.341.mcz

> Name: Tests-pre.341
> Author: pre
> Time: 19 May 2016, 5:34:18.672168 pm
> UUID: 0209ce70-2b8b-4d53-b743-ed1024d367ea
> Ancestors: Tests-eem.340
>
> By moving the PBColorPreferenceView from the EToys package to the PreferenceBrowser package, the PB package now depends on etyos through the UpdatingRectangleMorph. If this is intentional we should make the following modification to the PackageDependencyTests.
>
> =============== Diff against Tests-eem.340 ===============
>
> Item was changed:
>  ----- Method: PackageDependencyTest>>testPreferenceBrowser (in category 'tests') -----
>  testPreferenceBrowser
>   self testPackage: #PreferenceBrowser dependsExactlyOn: #(
>   #'Chronology-Core'
>   Collections
>   Graphics
>   Kernel
>   Morphic
>   MorphicExtras
>   System
>   Tools
> + #'ToolBuilder-Morphic'
> + EToys
> + Balloon
>   ).!

AW: [squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tests-pre.341.mcz

Patrick R.
Hi Levente,

that is what I thought when I checked the test but I wanted to check back with everyone. I think it could belong to MorphicExtras, although if I understand them correctly they are also somewhat optional? So to guarantee maintenance of the PreferenceBrowser we should actually move it to Morphic?

Bests
Patrick
Even if the change was intentional, PreferenceBrowser depending on Etoys
is not something we would want. Accepting this dependency would mean that
if we were able to unload Etoys, we would lose PreferenceBrowser as well.
Instead, we should move UpdatingRectangleMorph from Etoys to Morphic or
MorphicExtras.

Levente

On Thu, 19 May 2016, [hidden email] wrote:

> Patrick Rein uploaded a new version of Tests to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Tests-pre.341.mcz

> Name: Tests-pre.341
> Author: pre
> Time: 19 May 2016, 5:34:18.672168 pm
> UUID: 0209ce70-2b8b-4d53-b743-ed1024d367ea
> Ancestors: Tests-eem.340
>
> By moving the PBColorPreferenceView from the EToys package to the PreferenceBrowser package, the PB package now depends on etyos through the UpdatingRectangleMorph. If this is intentional we should make the following modification to the PackageDependencyTests.
>
> =============== Diff against Tests-eem.340 ===============
>
> Item was changed:
>  ----- Method: PackageDependencyTest>>testPreferenceBrowser (in category 'tests') -----
>  testPreferenceBrowser
>       self testPackage: #PreferenceBrowser dependsExactlyOn: #(
>               #'Chronology-Core'
>               Collections
>               Graphics
>               Kernel
>               Morphic
>               MorphicExtras
>               System
>               Tools
> +             #'ToolBuilder-Morphic'
> +             EToys
> +             Balloon
>       ).!

Re: AW: [squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tests-pre.341.mcz

Levente Uzonyi
Hi Patrick,

I'm not knowledgeable about Morphic, so I can't tell which package would
be the better choice, but PreferenceBrowser already depends on both
Morphic and MorpicExtras, so the move would not introduce any new
dependencies either way.

Levente