The Pillar TextMate plugin can now preview Pillar files

12

The Pillar TextMate plugin can now preview Pillar files

Luc Fabresse
Hi Happy Pharoers,

Since I am editing more and more Pillar files these days, I enhanced the Pillar TextMate2 plugin made by Uko (thanks ;-)) to easily have a web preview (just by pressing ⌘R).

Have fun,

#Luc

Images intégrées 2Hi

Cyril Ferlicot

          intégrées 2Hi

Re: The Pillar TextMate plugin can now preview Pillar files

stepharo
hi luc

I did

git clone https://github.com/pillar-markup/Pillar.tmbundle
cd Pillar.tmbundle
open .
and mate asked me if I want to plugin
did yes

commd-R

Typeset and view: line 15: pillar: command not found cat: /Users/ducasse/Workspace/FirstCircle/MyBooks/Bk-Writing/PharoBooks/FunWithPharo/TinyChat/TinyChat.pillar.html: No such file or directory

What is the pillar command?

Stef

Le 25/4/15 11:42, Cyril Ferlicot a écrit :
Thank you ! :)

Le samedi 25 avril 2015, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Happy Pharoers,

Since I am editing more and more Pillar files these days, I enhanced the Pillar TextMate2 plugin made by Uko (thanks ;-)) to easily have a web preview (just by pressing ⌘R).

Have fun,

#Luc

Images
            intégrées 2Hi

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: The Pillar TextMate plugin can now preview Pillar files

CyrilFerlicot
Hi Stephan
I think it's because we changed the way extension are generated with the version 0.48 of Pillar.
Nos it's "TinyChat.html" and not "TinyChat.pillar.html".
More logical !

Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: The Pillar TextMate plugin can now preview Pillar files

Luc Fabresse
Hey, I wrote a six line README on https://github.com/pillar-markup/Pillar.tmbundle
and you miss the latest step apparently ;-)

  • Open TextMate preferences and add these 2 shell variables :
    • PHARO_VM that gives the absolute path to the PharoVM Example: /Users/bob/Pharo/VirtualMachines/pharo
    • PILLAR_IMAGE that gives the absolute path to the image to use for processing Pillar files Example: /Users/bob/Repositories/PharoBooks/BookSkeleton.git/Pharo.image

#Luc

Cyril Ferlicot

Re: The Pillar TextMate plugin can now preview Pillar files

Luc Fabresse

Perhaps I answered too fast and Cyril is right.
Stef, tell me if this is the case and I will patch the plugin.

#Luc

<PillerPreview.png>Hi

Re: The Pillar TextMate plugin can now preview Pillar files

Luc Fabresse

ok Cyril was right, the problem was because of generated filename changes in Pillar.
It is now fixed in the latest version of the plugin.

#Luc

[...]

nacho
This post was updated on .
Hi, this is awesome, congratulations. However, I can't make it work.

I've installed the bundle.
Then added:
PHARO_VM /Aplications/Pharo4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo
PILLAR_IMAGE /Aplications/Pharo4.0.app/Contents/Resources/Pharo4.0.image

Making sure that in that image Pillar is installed.
When I drop a .pillar file into text mate and do cmd+r
I receive the following error:

No Makefile found.
Set TM_MAKE_FILE in Preferences → Variable.
or
Typeset and view: line 15: pillar: command not found cat: /Users/nacho/GitHub/EnterprisePharo/Fuel/Fuel.html: No such file or directory

What I'm missing?
Thanks in advance
Nacho
Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: The Pillar TextMate plugin can now preview Pillar files

Luc Fabresse

Hi, this is awesome, congratulations. However, I can't make it work.

I've installed the bundle.
Then added:
PHARO_VM /Aplications/Pharo4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo
PILLAR_IMAGE /Aplications/Pharo4.0.app/Contents/Resources/Pharo4.0.image

Making sure that in that image Pillar is installed.
When I drop a .pillar file into text mate and do cmd+r
I receive the following error:

No Makefile found.
Set TM_MAKE_FILE in Preferences → Variable.

What I'm missing?

It seems that cmd+r triggers a Makefile command instead of the Pillar rendering command.
I do not know why.
Can you try to execute the pillar rendering from the menu?

Images intégrées 1Images intégrées 2

Cheers,

Luc

Thanks in advance
Nacho

-----
Nacho
Smalltalker apprentice.
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: The Pillar TextMate plugin can now preview Pillar files

nacho
Luc,
Thanks for your prompt response.
This is what happens when I do as you said.

Thanks
Nacho
Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: The Pillar TextMate plugin can now preview Pillar files

Luc Fabresse
Hi Nacho,

Thanks for beta testing.
And sorry, I forgot that part in my README.
The plugin *was* using the pillar command line script (cf. doc here https://github.com/pillar-markup/book-skeleton#installing-pillar-command).

BUT, I removed this dependency.
Please re-install the plugin and re-test.
Fingers-crossed ;-)

Cheers,

#Luc

Luc,
Thanks for your prompt response.
This is what happens when I do as you said.
<http://forum.world.st/file/n4822429/w.jpg>

Thanks
Nacho

-----
Nacho
Smalltalker apprentice.
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: The Pillar TextMate plugin can now preview Pillar files

nacho
Luc,
Thanks to you for developing this!
Unfortunately I get this error now:

Typeset and view: line 17: /Aplications/Pharo4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo: No such file or directory cat: /Users/nacho/GitHub/EnterprisePharo/Fuel/Fuel.html: No such file or directory

And I've checked and the Pharo VM is there as well as the image.
One question. Besides Pillar should I install something else?
Thanks Luc
cheers
Nacho

Lic. Ignacio Sniechowski, MBA
Prosavic SRL

Tel: (011) 4542-6714

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Michal Balda
Hi,
shouldn't the path start with /Applications/ instead of /Aplications/?

Michal

On 28.4.2015 22:01, Ignacio Sniechowski wrote:
[...]

Well I've corrected those typos.
I go to the FUEL folder and open the .pillar file in text mate
Now when I do cmd+r
The Pharo4 image opens an announcement says:
Information
PRExportCommandLineHandler successfully finished
And when I close the image
A TextMate pop-up appears
with the following error:
cat: /Users/nacho/GitHub/EnterprisePharo/Fuel/Fuel.html: No such file or directory
I don't know what is happening right now.