- file-in files 00, 02, 04, 05, 06 (do not condense changes)
- file-in all files in the RoSFileOutPatches directory.This files
contain temporary overrides that are necessary for sccessful loading
of RoS and should be replaced in the final complete image with
(it takes a while)
That creates files with the prefix RestOfSqueak- in the default directory
- copy all generated RestOfSqueak- files into the directory with the
- copy all files form the directory RoSExtra into the directory with
the kernel image
The RosExtra directory contains set of forms, default saved standard
preferences and initialization scripts. This scripts were created
manulay with the help of this code:
initializedClasses := Bootstrap new newClasses select: [:c | c class
methodDictionary keys includes: #initialize ].
initializedClasses := initializedClasses asSortedCollection: [:a :b |
b inheritsFrom: a ].
code := String streamContents: [:s |
initializedClasses do: [:c |
s nextPutAll: c name, ' initialize.'; cr ]].
- in the kernel image console evaluate
(FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'loadROS.st') fileIn. Processor terminateActive
This is the ideal state but because of the Morphic initialization is
bad (try user interrupt), please comment loading of initialization
scripts in the file loadROS.st and after its loading save image from
the console. That enables you to experiment with loading of the rest
initialization files without long waiting.