The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

peter yoo
hello. for pharo guys. Long time no see.

It is not easy for Korean people to study pharo. Very few people use smalltalk. Of course, it is hard to find Korean language resources.

Recently I went to find the spec framework to study Pharo. Of course I looked at morphic designer in squeak, but I believe in pharo team.

I have translated it with the help of google for those who want to study. I refer to the pillar source of git. I wanted to work with pdf, but I know xetex, but I do not know about pillar and luatex. So I put it on the wiki.

Thank you for always making good pharo.

http://trans.onionmixer.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=TheSpecUIframework

Re: The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

SergeStinckwich
Hi Peter, this is really a nice work !

You should consider converting your document to Pillar and host it on SquareBrackets org git repository, because it will be easier for others to contribute.

Thank you for your support to the Pharo community

Le 26 août 2017 à 22:52 +0200, peter yoo <[hidden email]>, a écrit :
hello. for pharo guys. Long time no see.

It is not easy for Korean people to study pharo. Very few people use smalltalk. Of course, it is hard to find Korean language resources.

Recently I went to find the spec framework to study Pharo. Of course I looked at morphic designer in squeak, but I believe in pharo team.

I have translated it with the help of google for those who want to study. I refer to the pillar source of git. I wanted to work with pdf, but I know xetex, but I do not know about pillar and luatex. So I put it on the wiki.

Thank you for always making good pharo.

http://trans.onionmixer.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=TheSpecUIframework

Re: The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi peter

Tx for the translation.
I'm about to make sure that travis will build automatically the spec
book via a docker container.
Have a look at booklet-Smacc to see what I mean: each time you commit
to the repository, the build is done and
it is latex via a docket file and the pdf store on binTray.
So I do not know how to produce a korean pdf with latex but if you
should us we could convert your translations and store them in square
brackets associates
in git hub.

Stef

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 10:51 PM, peter yoo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello. for pharo guys. Long time no see.
>
> It is not easy for Korean people to study pharo. Very few people use
> smalltalk. Of course, it is hard to find Korean language resources.
>
> Recently I went to find the spec framework to study Pharo. Of course I
> looked at morphic designer in squeak, but I believe in pharo team.
>
> I have translated it with the help of google for those who want to study. I
> refer to the pillar source of git. I wanted to work with pdf, but I know
> xetex, but I do not know about pillar and luatex. So I put it on the wiki.
>
> Thank you for always making good pharo.
>

> http://trans.onionmixer.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=TheSpecUIframework
>
> --
> http://lookandwalk.com  http://looknw.com | http://onionmixer.net
> peter yoo(Jonghwa Yoo). ROK

Re: The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

peter yoo
I do not know if it is possible or impossible. because:

1. failed to compile the SPEC UI Framework. Xetex would have caught the error, but I do not know about luatex.
2. I am using texlive 2017 with gentoo linux.
3. In Korea, when making a book, in most cases it is using an oblivior that has developed a memoir.
4. In most cases, TeX is used to specify the font in consideration of the CJK environment.

If you set some basics, I will join you in the future. However, I do not know smacc, pillar, etc.

Re: The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi Peter

1  We use luatex because of font encoding problems :).

2 We are using texlive 2016

3 Did you try the docker that damien pollet created because it
encapsulates latex
Damien used also memoir for the book template.

4 can you send me a little example of a latex file with korean we can try.

You do not need to know smacc and pillar is like markdown.

BTW two important points

1 Thanks for your trust in Pharo.
2 if you want to translate the Mooc teaser video in Korean, we have
spanish, french, japanese, spanish, ukrainian and portuguese for the
moment.

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 6:34 AM, peter yoo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I do not know if it is possible or impossible. because:
>
> 1. failed to compile the SPEC UI Framework. Xetex would have caught the
> error, but I do not know about luatex.
> 2. I am using texlive 2017 with gentoo linux.
> 3. In Korea, when making a book, in most cases it is using an oblivior that
> has developed a memoir.
> 4. In most cases, TeX is used to specify the font in consideration of the
> CJK environment.
>

> If you set some basics, I will join you in the future. However, I do not
> know smacc, pillar, etc.

Re: The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

Damien Pollet-2
On 28 August 2017 at 06:34, peter yoo <[hidden email]> wrote:
1. failed to compile the SPEC UI Framework. Xetex would have caught the error, but I do not know about luatex.
2. I am using texlive 2017 with gentoo linux.

Can you send me a copy of the error you are getting ?
The English version should build fine on TeXlive 2017; however it might be that you're missing some packages or fonts, especially if you installed texlive from gentoo packages (maybe gentoo is different there, but Ubuntu requires optional packages to obtain a reasonably complete TeXlive.

If it fails when you start including korean text in the book, then that's not entirely surprising. It could fail either at the pillar stage, or during the LaTeX compilation. Can you send us a copy of the compilation failure you are getting?

3. In Korea, when making a book, in most cases it is using an oblivior that has developed a memoir.

What do you mean by "oblivior"? What you meant has been lost in translation… are you talking about the memoir class from LaTeX ?

4. In most cases, TeX is used to specify the font in consideration of the CJK environment.

The books and booklets are based on https://github.com/cdlm/sbabook, which is a custom LaTeX class I wrote based on memoir.cls. Mostly it defines the typographic design and a few convenience commands and environments.

It's certainly possible to make a few changes so that supports CJK. However I never used the CJK stuff in TeXlive, and I'm clueless about Korean typography etc, so it might lead to funny results… :) Anyway I will do some tests when I get the time.

If you set some basics, I will join you in the future. However, I do not know smacc, pillar, etc.

Ideally, you would write the translated-book using Pillar, in the same way we maintain the original in English, just in a branch or in a separate github repo. Editing the book directly in LaTeX is possible but then it means we can't compile it in web form…

Cheers

Re: The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

peter yoo
1. compile error report
ok i found error cause. look this.

================================
onion@coreonion:/mnt/USERDISK/onion/99_SpecUI한글/BuildingUIWithSpec$ make book
git submodule update --init
mkdir -p ./book-result
find . -type d -path ./book-result/ -prune -o -wholename "*/figures" -exec rsync -rR {} ./book-result \;
find: warning: -path ./book-result/ will not match anything because it ends with /.
cp -R support ./book-result
cp .latexmkrc ./book-result
./pillar export --to="latex:sbabook" --outputFile=SpecBooklet SpecBooklet.pillar
CCConfigurationError: /mnt/USERDISK/onion/99_SpecUI한글/BuildingUIWithSpec is not a valid directory.
PRPillarConfiguration(CCConfiguration)>>error:
PRPillarConfiguration(CCConfiguration)>>toDirectory:
PRPillarConfiguration(CCConfiguration)>>baseDirectory:
================================

Spec git file location have "korean charactor" then book compile fail. only use location then can compile. and no problem.

2. TeX base
ok..  can look this.
https://github.com/cdlm/sbabook

i know polygrossia. but not use before. i can try some TeX then report later.

thanks for community. :D

Re: The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

Damien Pollet-2
Hi Peter,

On 31 August 2017 at 16:04, peter yoo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Spec git file location have "korean charactor" then book compile fail.

Yeah… non-ascii characters and spaces in file names often cause problems…
However in this case, it might be due to differences between various encodings:
- what your system is using for file names
- what you wrote into pillar.conf (is it UTF-8 or some korean-specific encoding?)
- what pillar reads pillar.conf as (that should be UTF-8 and nothing else, in my opinion)
- how Pharo converts strings to filenames (I doubt there is any conversion there, as different platforms accept and support different encodings)

2. TeX base
ok..  can look this.
https://github.com/cdlm/sbabook

i know polygrossia. but not use before. i can try some TeX then report later.

I just managed to write korean characters in an sbabook document (see below, this compiles with lualatex). Unfortunately the documentation for kotex and oblivoir are all in korean so I didnt' get much out of them. It looks like simply loading kotex and picking fonts with enough international coverage is enough, though.
Polyglossia has an option for korean but it conflicts with something else; maybe this is explained in the oblivoir documentation ?

\documentclass{sbabook}
\usepackage[cjk,hangul]{kotex}
\usepackage{noto}

\usepackage{polyglossia}
\setmainlanguage{english}

\begin{document}

\section{Latin alphabet}
Hello world.

Ĉu vi parolas la esperanton?

\section{CJK}
(Chinese) 你好, 早晨,
(Japanese) こんにちは,
(Korean, hangul) 안녕하세요.

\end{document}

Re: The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

peter yoo
Hi damien.

1. compile location issue
- filesystem using UTF-8 with NFC(because linux)
- all book source is plain. im not editing anything. only from git repository

===========================
./pillar export --to="latex:sbabook" --outputFile=SpecBooklet SpecBooklet.pillar
CCConfigurationError: /mnt/USERDISK/onion/99_SpecUI한글/BuildingUIWithSpec is not a valid directory.
===========================

error is this line. maybe pillar process then can not acceptable korea charactor in directory location.
before i look similar problem.
a few years ago, im using pharo in linux then can take input from XIM. but can not process korean charactor to pharo workspace. because input charactor process standard is NFD.

I do not know if it will be a reference.

2. sbabook issue

oh.. no.. no need more oblivoir. because oblivoir is only for CJK env. example for thai then oblivoir cannot show all charactor. oblivoir have a limit. i know already.

I think the current situation is a new one. my work need many language processing at web, mobile, and.. pdf. generate pdf using xetex with oblivoir. have a little problem now.

need study polyglossia a few days soon. dont worry. and thanks to you. I was motivated. really :D

Re: The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

Stephane Ducasse-3
Can you try to avoid to have korean characters in file name?

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:34 AM, peter yoo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi damien.
>
> 1. compile location issue
> - filesystem using UTF-8 with NFC(because linux)
> - all book source is plain. im not editing anything. only from git
> repository
>
> ===========================
> ./pillar export --to="latex:sbabook" --outputFile=SpecBooklet
> SpecBooklet.pillar
> CCConfigurationError: /mnt/USERDISK/onion/99_SpecUI한글/BuildingUIWithSpec
> is not a valid directory.
> ===========================
>
> error is this line. maybe pillar process then can not acceptable korea
> charactor in directory location.
> before i look similar problem.
> a few years ago, im using pharo in linux then can take input from XIM. but
> can not process korean charactor to pharo workspace. because input charactor
> process standard is NFD.
>
> work is here. written in korean. but can read. many text is "source code"
> http://workspace.onionmixer.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=Linux_cogvm_xim_howto#XIM_.EC.9C.BC.EB.A1.9C_.EB.93.A4.EC.96.B4.EC.98.A4.EB.8A.94_.EC.9E.85.EB.A0.A5.EA.B0.92.EC.97.90_.EB.8C.80.ED.95.9C_.EC.B6.94.EC.A0.81_.EB.B0.8F_.EC.A0.95.EC.83.81.EB.8F.99.EC.9E.91.EC.9D.84_.EC.9C.84.ED.95.9C_.EC.88.98.EC.A0.95
>
> I do not know if it will be a reference.
>

> 2. sbabook issue
>
> oh.. no.. no need more oblivoir. because oblivoir is only for CJK env.
> example for thai then oblivoir cannot show all charactor. oblivoir have a
> limit. i know already.
>
> I think the current situation is a new one. my work need many language
> processing at web, mobile, and.. pdf. generate pdf using xetex with
> oblivoir. have a little problem now.
>
> need study polyglossia a few days soon. dont worry. and thanks to you. I was
> motivated. really :D

Re: The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

peter yoo
to Stephane.

of course. not use korean cahracter in directory location then compile successful. :D

Re: The Spec UI Framework. first translation to korean finish.

Stephane Ducasse-3
:)

Stef