The Trunk: 50Deprecated-eem.1.mcz

commits-2
Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of 50Deprecated to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/50Deprecated-eem.1.mcz

Name: 50Deprecated-eem.1
Author: eem
Time: 25 September 2015, 11:21:50.573 am
UUID: 1cbbbbba-2820-4e14-a6c4-43d69939f7ef
Ancestors:

First version of unsent deprecated methods for Squeak 5.0.

==================== Snapshot ====================

----- Method: Dictionary>>fasterKeys (in category '*50Deprecated-accessing') -----
fasterKeys
        "Contrary to old version of #keys, this method returned an Array rather than a Set.
        This was faster because no lookup: was performed.
        But now, #keys also return an Array, so don't use #fasterKeys anymore."

        self deprecated: 'use #keys'.

        ^self keys.
!

----- Method: Dictionary>>keyForIdentity: (in category '*50Deprecated-accessing') -----
keyForIdentity: anObject
        "If anObject is one of the values of the receive, return its key, else return nil.  Contrast #keyAtValue: in which there is only an equality check, here there is an identity check"

        self deprecated: 'Use #keyAtIdentityValue:ifAbsent:'.
        ^self keyAtIdentityValue: anObject ifAbsent: nil!

Re: The Trunk: 50Deprecated-eem.1.mcz

marcel.taeumel
It should be 51Deprecated then? ;)

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Trunk: 50Deprecated-eem.1.mcz

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Marcel,

    Could you explain?  I saw 45Deprecated and 46Deprecated but I didn't see any 47Deprecated and so concluded that the tip deprecated is the same as the current version.  But that was a guess.  What's the proper rationale?

_,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)

> On Sep 26, 2015, at 4:44 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It should be 51Deprecated then? ;)
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Re: The Trunk: 50Deprecated-eem.1.mcz

Tobias Pape

On 26.09.2015, at 16:28, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
>    Could you explain?  I saw 45Deprecated and 46Deprecated but I didn't see any 47Deprecated and so concluded that the tip deprecated is the same as the current version.  But that was a guess.  What's the proper rationale?

46Deprecated is conceptually the same as 50Deprecated,

That is anything in those packages was deprecated with the
release of 4.6/5.0.

Anything newly deprecated has to go to the next release, that is
5.1, so that it is deprecated from 5.1 on. (It cannot be from 5.0 on,
because that is out already)

Best regards
        -Tobias

>> On Sep 26, 2015, at 4:44 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> It should be 51Deprecated then? ;)
>>
>> Best,
>> Marcel

Re: The Trunk: 50Deprecated-eem.1.mcz