The Trunk: Compiler-nice.140.mcz

1 message Options

The Trunk: Compiler-nice.140.mcz

commits-2
Nicolas Cellier uploaded a new version of Compiler to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Compiler-nice.140.mcz

Name: Compiler-nice.140
Author: nice
Time: 21 April 2010, 9:25:46.66 am
UUID: 1f71c916-4e14-4042-ac19-41c428f1968a
Ancestors: Compiler-ar.139, Compiler-nice.139

Merge Compiler-nice.139 (inbox)
This includes following fix from Eliot
nil out locals in a block if readBeforeWritten
- Use noteOptimizedIn: instead of noteOptimized
- Let accept: return the result of message sent to visitor

=============== Diff against Compiler-ar.139 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: CommentNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitCommentNode: self!
- aVisitor visitCommentNode: self!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: TempVariableNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitTempVariableNode: self!
- aVisitor visitTempVariableNode: self!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: RemoteTempVectorNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitRemoteTempVectorNode: self!
- aVisitor visitRemoteTempVectorNode: self!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>transformToDo: (in category 'macro transformations') -----
  transformToDo: encoder
  " var := rcvr. L1: [var <= arg1] Bfp(L2) [block body. var := var + inc]
  Jmp(L1) L2: "
  | limit increment block initStmt test incStmt limitInit blockVar myRange blockRange |
  "First check for valid arguments"
  ((arguments last isMemberOf: BlockNode)
   and: [arguments last numberOfArguments = 1
   and: [arguments last firstArgument isVariableReference "As with debugger remote vars"]]) ifFalse:
  [^false].
  arguments size = 3
  ifTrue: [increment := arguments at: 2.
  (increment isConstantNumber
  and: [increment literalValue ~= 0]) ifFalse: [^ false]]
  ifFalse: [increment := encoder encodeLiteral: 1].
  arguments size < 3 ifTrue:   "transform to full form"
  [selector := SelectorNode new key: #to:by:do: code: #macro].

  "Now generate auxiliary structures"
  myRange := encoder rawSourceRanges at: self ifAbsent: [1 to: 0].
  block := arguments last.
  blockRange := encoder rawSourceRanges at: block ifAbsent: [1 to: 0].
  blockVar := block firstArgument.
  initStmt := AssignmentNode new variable: blockVar value: receiver.
  limit := arguments at: 1.
  limit isVariableReference | limit isConstantNumber
  ifTrue: [limitInit := nil]
  ifFalse:  "Need to store limit in a var"
  [limit := encoder bindBlockArg: blockVar key, 'LimiT' within: block.
  limit scope: -2.  "Already done parsing block; flag so it won't print"
  block addArgument: limit.
  limitInit := AssignmentNode new
  variable: limit
  value: arguments first].
  test := MessageNode new
  receiver: blockVar
  selector: (increment key > 0 ifTrue: [#<=] ifFalse: [#>=])
  arguments: (Array with: limit)
  precedence: precedence from: encoder
  sourceRange: (myRange first to: blockRange first).
  incStmt := AssignmentNode new
  variable: blockVar
  value: (MessageNode new
  receiver: blockVar selector: #+
  arguments: (Array with: increment)
  precedence: precedence from: encoder)
  from: encoder
  sourceRange: (myRange last to: myRange last).
  arguments := (Array with: limit with: increment with: block),
  (Array with: initStmt with: test with: incStmt with: limitInit).
+ block noteOptimizedIn: self.
- block noteOptimized.
  ^true!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: OptimizedBlockLocalTempReadBeforeWrittenVisitor>>visitBlockNode: (in category 'visiting') -----
+ visitBlockNode: aBlockNode
+ | savedWritten |
+ "If we're in the optimized block in one side of an optimized ifTrue:ifFalse: et al
+ leave it to the enclosing visitMessageNode: activation to handle merging written."
+ inOptimizedBlock ifTrue:
+ [^super visitBlockNode: aBlockNode].
+ "If we're not then don't update written because without evaluating the guard(s)
+ we can't tell if the block is evaluated or not, and we must avoid false positives."
+ savedWritten := written copy.
+ super visitBlockNode: aBlockNode.
+ written := savedWritten!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: AssignmentNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitAssignmentNode: self!
- aVisitor visitAssignmentNode: self!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: ParseNode>>sizeForBlockValue: (in category 'code generation') -----
+ sizeForBlockValue: encoder
+ "Answer the size for evaluating the last statement in a block"
+ ^self sizeForValue: encoder!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: BlockNode>>analyseTempsWithin:rootNode:assignmentPools: (in category 'code generation (closures)') -----
  analyseTempsWithin: scopeBlock "<BlockNode>" rootNode: rootNode "<MethodNode>" assignmentPools: assignmentPools "<Dictionary>"
  | effectiveScope blockStart |
  effectiveScope := optimized
  ifTrue: [actualScopeIfOptimized := scopeBlock]
  ifFalse: [self].

  arguments ifNotNil:
  [arguments do: [:temp| temp definingScope: self]].
  temporaries ifNotNil:
  [temporaries do: [:temp| temp definingScope: self]].

  optimized ifFalse: "if optimized this isn't an actual scope"
  [rootNode noteBlockEntry:
  [:entryNumber|
  blockExtent := (blockStart := entryNumber) to: 0]].

  "Need to enumerate a copy because closure analysis can add a statement
  via ifHasRemoteTempNodeEnsureInitializationStatementExists:."
  statements copy do:
  [:statement|
  statement analyseTempsWithin: effectiveScope rootNode: rootNode assignmentPools: assignmentPools].

+ optimized
+ ifTrue: "if optimized loop need to add nils for any temps read before written"
+ [optimizedMessageNode isOptimizedLoop ifTrue:
+ [self nilReadBeforeWrittenTemps]]
+ ifFalse: "if optimized this isn't an actual scope"
+ [rootNode noteBlockExit:
+ [:exitNumber|
+ blockExtent := blockStart to: exitNumber]].
- optimized ifFalse: "if optimized this isn't an actual scope"
- [rootNode noteBlockExit:
- [:exitNumber|
- blockExtent := blockStart to: exitNumber]].

  "Now that the analysis is done move any temps that need to be moved."
  self postNumberingProcessTempsWithin: effectiveScope rootNode: rootNode.

  "This is simply a nicety for compiler developers..."
  temporaries do:
  [:temp|
  (temp isIndirectTempVector and: [temp name includes: $?]) ifTrue:
  [temp name: temp definingScope remoteTempNodeName]]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: NewArrayNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitNewArrayNode: self!
- aVisitor visitNewArrayNode: self!

Item was changed:
  ParseNode subclass: #BlockNode
+ instanceVariableNames: 'arguments statements returns nArgsNode size remoteCopyNode temporaries optimized optimizedMessageNode actualScopeIfOptimized blockExtent remoteTempNode copiedValues closureCreationNode startOfLastStatement'
- instanceVariableNames: 'arguments statements returns nArgsNode size remoteCopyNode temporaries optimized actualScopeIfOptimized blockExtent remoteTempNode copiedValues closureCreationNode startOfLastStatement'
  classVariableNames: ''
  poolDictionaries: ''
  category: 'Compiler-ParseNodes'!

  !BlockNode commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
  I represent a bracketed block with 0 or more arguments and 1 or more statements. If I am initialized with no statements, I create one. I have a flag to tell whether my last statement returns a value from the enclosing method. My last three fields remember data needed for code generation. I can emit for value in the usual way, in which case I create a literal method (actually a context remotely copied) to be evaluated by sending it value: at run time. Or I can emit code to be evaluated in line; this only happens at the top level of a method and in conditionals and while-loops, none of which have arguments.!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>transformIfFalseIfTrue: (in category 'macro transformations') -----
  transformIfFalseIfTrue: encoder
  ^(self checkBlock: (arguments at: 1) as: 'False arg' from: encoder)
    and: [(self checkBlock: (arguments at: 2) as: 'True arg' from: encoder)
    and: [selector := SelectorNode new key: #ifTrue:ifFalse: code: #macro.
  arguments swap: 1 with: 2.
+ arguments do: [:arg| arg noteOptimizedIn: self].
- arguments do: [:arg| arg noteOptimized].
  true]]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: BlockNode>>emitForEvaluatedValue:on: (in category 'code generation') -----
  emitForEvaluatedValue: stack on: aStream
  self emitExceptLast: stack on: aStream.
+ statements last emitForBlockValue: stack on: aStream.
- statements last emitForValue: stack on: aStream.
  !

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ParseNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ "Accept a visitor by double-dispatching to a type-specific method on the visitor, e.g. visitBlockNode:.
+ All such implementations under ParseNode should answer the result of the dispatch, e.g.
+ ^aVisitor visitBlockNode: self"
  ^self subclassResponsibility!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: BraceNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitBraceNode: self!
- aVisitor visitBraceNode: self!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: InstanceVariableNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitInstanceVariableNode: self!
- aVisitor visitInstanceVariableNode: self!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ReturnNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitReturnNode: self!
- aVisitor visitReturnNode: self!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>transformIfTrue: (in category 'macro transformations') -----
  transformIfTrue: encoder
  (self transformBoolean: encoder)
  ifTrue:
  [arguments :=
  Array
+ with: ((arguments at: 1) noteOptimizedIn: self)
+ with: ((BlockNode withJust: NodeNil) noteOptimizedIn: self).
- with: (arguments at: 1) noteOptimized
- with: (BlockNode withJust: NodeNil) noteOptimized.
  ^true]
  ifFalse:
  [^false]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>transformIfNilIfNotNil: (in category 'macro transformations') -----
  transformIfNilIfNotNil: encoder
  "vb: Changed to support one-argument ifNotNil: branch. In the 1-arg case we
  transform the receiver to
  (var := receiver)
  which is further transformed to
  (var := receiver) == nil ifTrue: .... ifFalse: ...
  This does not allow the block variable to shadow an existing temp, but it's no different
  from how to:do: is done."
  | ifNotNilArg |
  ifNotNilArg := arguments at: 2.
  ((self checkBlock: (arguments at: 1) as: 'Nil arg' from: encoder)
   and: [self checkBlock: ifNotNilArg as: 'NotNil arg' from: encoder maxArgs: 1]) ifFalse:
  [^false].

  ifNotNilArg numberOfArguments = 1 ifTrue:
  [receiver := AssignmentNode new
  variable: ifNotNilArg firstArgument
  value: receiver].

  selector := SelectorNode new key: #ifTrue:ifFalse: code: #macro.
  receiver := MessageNode new
  receiver: receiver
  selector: #==
  arguments: (Array with: NodeNil)
  precedence: 2
  from: encoder.
+ arguments do: [:arg| arg noteOptimizedIn: self].
- arguments do: [:arg| arg noteOptimized].
  ^true!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>transformOr: (in category 'macro transformations') -----
  transformOr: encoder
  (self transformBoolean: encoder)
  ifTrue:
  [arguments :=
  Array
+ with: ((BlockNode withJust: NodeTrue) noteOptimizedIn: self)
+ with: ((arguments at: 1) noteOptimizedIn: self).
- with: (BlockNode withJust: NodeTrue) noteOptimized
- with: (arguments at: 1) noteOptimized.
  ^true]
  ifFalse:
  [^false]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>transformIfNotNilIfNil: (in category 'macro transformations') -----
  transformIfNotNilIfNil: encoder
  "vb: Changed to support one-argument ifNotNil: branch. In the 1-arg case we
  transform the receiver to
  (var := receiver)
  which is further transformed to
  (var := receiver) == nil ifTrue: .... ifFalse: ...
  This does not allow the block variable to shadow an existing temp, but it's no different
  from how to:do: is done."
  | ifNotNilArg |
  ifNotNilArg := arguments at: 1.
  ((self checkBlock: ifNotNilArg as: 'NotNil arg' from: encoder maxArgs: 1)
   and: [self checkBlock: (arguments at: 2) as: 'Nil arg' from: encoder]) ifFalse:
  [^false].

  ifNotNilArg numberOfArguments = 1 ifTrue:
  [receiver := AssignmentNode new
  variable: ifNotNilArg firstArgument
  value: receiver].

  selector := SelectorNode new key: #ifTrue:ifFalse: code: #macro.
  receiver := MessageNode new
  receiver: receiver
  selector: #==
  arguments: (Array with: NodeNil)
  precedence: 2
  from: encoder.
  arguments swap: 1 with: 2.
+ arguments do: [:arg| arg noteOptimizedIn: self].
- arguments do: [:arg| arg noteOptimized].
  ^true!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MethodNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitMethodNode: self!
- aVisitor visitMethodNode: self.
- ^aVisitor!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>transformIfNil: (in category 'macro transformations') -----
  transformIfNil: encoder

  "vb: Removed the original transformBoolean: which amounds to a test we perform in each of the branches below."
  (MacroSelectors at: special) = #ifNotNil: ifTrue:
  [(self checkBlock: arguments first as: 'ifNotNil arg' from: encoder maxArgs: 1) ifFalse:
  [^false].

  "Transform 'ifNotNil: [stuff]' to 'ifNil: [nil] ifNotNil: [stuff]'.
  Slightly better code and more consistent with decompilation."
  self noteSpecialSelector: #ifNil:ifNotNil:.
  selector := SelectorNode new key: (MacroSelectors at: special) code: #macro.
  arguments := Array
+ with: ((BlockNode withJust: NodeNil) noteOptimizedIn: self)
+ with: (arguments first noteOptimizedIn: self).
- with: (BlockNode withJust: NodeNil) noteOptimized
- with: arguments first noteOptimized.
  (self transform: encoder) ifFalse:
  [self error: 'compiler logic error'].
  ^true].
  (self checkBlock: arguments first as: 'ifNil arg' from: encoder) ifFalse:
  [^false].
+ arguments first noteOptimizedIn: self.
- arguments first noteOptimized.
  ^true!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>transformAnd: (in category 'macro transformations') -----
  transformAnd: encoder
  (self transformBoolean: encoder)
  ifTrue:
  [arguments :=
  Array
+ with: ((arguments at: 1) noteOptimizedIn: self)
+ with: ((BlockNode withJust: NodeFalse) noteOptimizedIn: self).
- with: (arguments at: 1) noteOptimized
- with: (BlockNode withJust: NodeFalse) noteOptimized.
  ^true]
  ifFalse:
  [^false]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>transformCase: (in category 'macro transformations') -----
  transformCase: encoder

  | caseNode |
  caseNode := arguments first.
  (caseNode isMemberOf: BraceNode) ifTrue:
  [((caseNode blockAssociationCheck: encoder)
   and: [arguments size = 1
     or: [self checkBlock: arguments last as: 'otherwise arg' from: encoder]]) ifFalse:
  [^false].
  caseNode elements do:
  [:messageNode|
+ messageNode receiver noteOptimizedIn: self.
+ messageNode arguments first noteOptimizedIn: self].
- messageNode receiver noteOptimized.
- messageNode arguments first noteOptimized].
  arguments size = 2 ifTrue:
+ [arguments last noteOptimizedIn: self].
- [arguments last noteOptimized].
  ^true].
  (caseNode canBeSpecialArgument and: [(caseNode isMemberOf: BlockNode) not]) ifTrue:
  [^false]. "caseOf: variable"
  ^encoder notify: 'caseOf: argument must be a brace construct or a variable'!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: FieldNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitFieldNode: self!
- aVisitor visitFieldNode: self!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SelectorNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitSelectorNode: self!
- aVisitor visitSelectorNode: self!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: OptimizedBlockLocalTempReadBeforeWrittenVisitor>>initialize (in category 'initialize-release') -----
+ initialize
+ inOptimizedBlock := false!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>transformIfTrueIfFalse: (in category 'macro transformations') -----
  transformIfTrueIfFalse: encoder
  ^(self checkBlock: (arguments at: 1) as: 'True arg' from: encoder)
    and: [(self checkBlock: (arguments at: 2) as: 'False arg' from: encoder)
+   and: [arguments do: [:arg| arg noteOptimizedIn: self].
-   and: [arguments do: [:arg| arg noteOptimized].
  true]]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>transformIfFalse: (in category 'macro transformations') -----
  transformIfFalse: encoder
  (self transformBoolean: encoder)
  ifTrue:
  [arguments :=
  Array
+ with: ((BlockNode withJust: NodeNil) noteOptimizedIn: self)
+ with: ((arguments at: 1) noteOptimizedIn: self).
- with: (BlockNode withJust: NodeNil) noteOptimized
- with: (arguments at: 1) noteOptimized.
  ^true]
  ifFalse:
  [^false]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: BlockNode>>sizeForEvaluatedValue: (in category 'code generation') -----
  sizeForEvaluatedValue: encoder

  ^(self sizeExceptLast: encoder)
+ + (statements last sizeForBlockValue: encoder)!
- + (statements last sizeForValue: encoder)!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: BlockNode>>nilReadBeforeWrittenTemps (in category 'code generation (closures)') -----
+ nilReadBeforeWrittenTemps
+ | visitor readBeforeWritten |
+ self accept: (visitor := OptimizedBlockLocalTempReadBeforeWrittenVisitor new).
+ readBeforeWritten := visitor readBeforeWritten.
+ temporaries reverseDo:
+ [:temp|
+ ((readBeforeWritten includes: temp)
+ and: [temp isRemote not]) ifTrue:
+ [statements addFirst: (AssignmentNode new variable: temp value: NodeNil)]]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Encoder>>encodeVariable:sourceRange:ifUnknown: (in category 'encoding') -----
  encodeVariable: name sourceRange: range ifUnknown: action
  | varNode |
  varNode := scopeTable at: name
  ifAbsent:
  [(self lookupInPools: name
  ifFound: [:assoc | varNode := self global: assoc name: name])
  ifTrue: [varNode]
+ ifFalse: [^action value]].
- ifFalse: [action value]].
  range ifNotNil: [
  name first canBeGlobalVarInitial ifTrue:
  [globalSourceRanges addLast: { name. range. false }]. ].

  (varNode isTemp and: [varNode scope < 0]) ifTrue: [
  OutOfScopeNotification signal ifFalse: [ ^self notify: 'out of scope'].
  ].
  ^ varNode!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: LiteralNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitLiteralNode: self!
- aVisitor visitLiteralNode: self!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: ParseNode>>emitForBlockValue:on: (in category 'code generation') -----
+ emitForBlockValue: stack on: aStream
+ "Generate code for evaluating the last statement in a block"
+ ^self emitForValue: stack on: aStream!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: VariableNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitVariableNode: self!
- aVisitor visitVariableNode: self!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: BlockNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitBlockNode: self!
- aVisitor visitBlockNode: self!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: BlockNode>>noteOptimizedIn: (in category 'code generation (closures)') -----
+ noteOptimizedIn: anOptimizedMessageNode
+ optimized := true.
+ optimizedMessageNode := anOptimizedMessageNode!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: OptimizedBlockLocalTempReadBeforeWrittenVisitor>>visitAssignmentNode: (in category 'visiting') -----
+ visitAssignmentNode: anAssignmentNode
+ anAssignmentNode value accept: self.
+ anAssignmentNode variable isTemp
+ ifTrue:
+ [written ifNil: [written := IdentitySet new].
+ written add: anAssignmentNode variable]
+ ifFalse:
+ [anAssignmentNode variable accept: self]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: OptimizedBlockLocalTempReadBeforeWrittenVisitor>>visitMessageNode: (in category 'visiting') -----
+ visitMessageNode: aMessageNode
+ | savedWritten writtenPostFirstArm |
+ (aMessageNode isOptimized
+ and: [#(ifTrue:ifFalse: ifFalse:ifTrue: ifNil:ifNotNil: ifNotNil:ifNil:) includes: aMessageNode selector key]) ifFalse:
+ [^super visitMessageNode: aMessageNode].
+ aMessageNode receiver accept: self.
+ aMessageNode selector accept: self.
+ savedWritten := written copy.
+ aMessageNode argumentsInEvaluationOrder
+ do: [:argument|
+ argument isBlockNode
+ ifTrue: [| savedIOB |
+ savedIOB := inOptimizedBlock.
+ inOptimizedBlock := true.
+ [argument accept: self]
+ ensure: [inOptimizedBlock := savedIOB]]
+ ifFalse: [argument accept: self]]
+ separatedBy:
+ [writtenPostFirstArm := written.
+ written := savedWritten].
+ (written notNil
+ and: [writtenPostFirstArm notNil]) ifTrue:
+ [written := written intersection: writtenPostFirstArm]!

Item was added:
+ ParseNodeVisitor subclass: #OptimizedBlockLocalTempReadBeforeWrittenVisitor
+ instanceVariableNames: 'inOptimizedBlock readBeforeWritten written'
+ classVariableNames: ''
+ poolDictionaries: ''
+ category: 'Compiler-Support'!
+
+ !OptimizedBlockLocalTempReadBeforeWrittenVisitor commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
+ Answer the set of temporary variables that are read before they are written in the visited parse tree.  Used by the compiler to detect those block-local temporaries of blocks in optimized loops that require nilling to prevent a value from a previous iteration persisting into a subsequent one.!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: LiteralVariableNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitLiteralVariableNode: self!
- aVisitor visitLiteralVariableNode: self!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>transformWhile: (in category 'macro transformations') -----
  transformWhile: encoder
  (self checkBlock: receiver as: 'receiver' from: encoder) ifFalse:
  [^false].
  arguments size = 0 ifTrue:  "transform bodyless form to body form"
  [selector := SelectorNode new
  key: (special = 10 ifTrue: [#whileTrue:] ifFalse: [#whileFalse:])
  code: #macro.
+ arguments := Array with: ((BlockNode withJust: NodeNil) noteOptimizedIn: self).
+ receiver noteOptimizedIn: self.
- arguments := Array with: (BlockNode withJust: NodeNil) noteOptimized.
- receiver noteOptimized.
  ^true].
  ^(self transformBoolean: encoder)
+   and: [receiver noteOptimizedIn: self.
+ arguments first noteOptimizedIn: self.
-   and: [receiver noteOptimized.
- arguments first noteOptimized.
  true]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitMessageNode: self!
- aVisitor visitMessageNode: self!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: OptimizedBlockLocalTempReadBeforeWrittenVisitor>>visitTempVariableNode: (in category 'visiting') -----
+ visitTempVariableNode: aTempVariableNode
+ (aTempVariableNode isArg
+ or: [written notNil
+ and: [written includes: aTempVariableNode]]) ifTrue:
+ [^self].
+ readBeforeWritten ifNil:
+ [readBeforeWritten := IdentitySet new].
+ readBeforeWritten add: aTempVariableNode!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: CascadeNode>>accept: (in category 'visiting') -----
  accept: aVisitor
+ ^aVisitor visitCascadeNode: self!
- aVisitor visitCascadeNode: self!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: OptimizedBlockLocalTempReadBeforeWrittenVisitor>>readBeforeWritten (in category 'accessing') -----
+ readBeforeWritten
+ ^readBeforeWritten ifNil: [IdentitySet new]!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: BlockNode>>noteOptimized (in category 'code generation (closures)') -----
- noteOptimized
- optimized := true!