The Trunk: Kernel-dtl.656.mcz

1 message Options

The Trunk: Kernel-dtl.656.mcz

commits-2
David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-dtl.656.mcz

Name: Kernel-dtl.656
Author: dtl
Time: 7 December 2011, 7:32:57.155 pm
UUID: ddfcad11-16e3-4649-9bda-5fa0dc8254e1
Ancestors: Kernel-dtl.655

For Squeak 4.3 release code freeze, temporarily revert previous ReferenceStream changes due to unresolved issues (see http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2011-December/162386.html). The updates will be reintroduced following the Squeak 4.3 release.

Packages affected:
  Kernel-Objects
  System-Object Storage
  Tests-Object Storage

=============== Diff against Kernel-dtl.655 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Object>>storeDataOn: (in category 'objects from disk') -----
  storeDataOn: aDataStream
  "Store myself on a DataStream.  Answer self.  This is a low-level DataStream/ReferenceStream method. See also objectToStoreOnDataStream.  NOTE: This method must send 'aDataStream beginInstance:size:' and then (nextPut:/nextPutWeak:) its subobjects.  readDataFrom:size: reads back what we write here."
  | cntInstVars cntIndexedVars |

  cntInstVars := self class instSize.
  cntIndexedVars := self basicSize.
  aDataStream
  beginInstance: self class
  size: cntInstVars + cntIndexedVars.
  1 to: cntInstVars do:
  [:i | aDataStream nextPut: (self instVarAt: i)].

  "Write fields of a variable length object.  When writing to a dummy
  stream, don't bother to write the bytes"
  ((aDataStream byteStream class == DummyStream) and: [self class isBits]) ifFalse: [
+ 1 to: cntIndexedVars do:
+ [:i | aDataStream nextPut: (self basicAt: i)]].
+ !
- self class isWeak
- ifTrue: [
- "For weak classes (for example DependentsArray) write the referenced object only
- if referenced from elsewhere in the dumped object graph.
- This means, for instance that if we only dump a model, no dependents are stored,
- but if we store a view (i.e. a Morph), it is properly handled as a dependent after the object graph is revived."
- 1 to: cntIndexedVars do: [ :i |
- aDataStream nextPutWeak: (self basicAt: i)]]