Quantcast

The Trunk: Kernel-eem.1102.mcz

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

The Trunk: Kernel-eem.1102.mcz

commits-2
Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-eem.1102.mcz

==================== Summary ====================

Name: Kernel-eem.1102
Author: eem
Time: 5 May 2017, 12:14:26.339034 pm
UUID: b61eaafd-be70-42f3-aaa4-b8e21da1fd4c
Ancestors: Kernel-nice.1101

Delete obsolete binding and block machinery now unused by the Compiler.

=============== Diff against Kernel-nice.1101 ===============

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Behavior>>literalScannedAs:notifying: (in category 'printing') -----
- literalScannedAs: scannedLiteral notifying: requestor
- "Postprocesses a literal scanned by Scanner scanToken (esp. xLitQuote).
- If scannedLiteral is not an association, answer it.
- Else, if it is of the form:
- nil->#NameOfMetaclass
- answer nil->theMetaclass, if any has that name, else report an error.
- Else, if it is of the form:
- #NameOfGlobalVariable->anythiEng
- answer the global, class, or pool association with that nameE, if any, else
- add it to Undeclared a answer the new Association."
-
- | key value |
- (scannedLiteral isVariableBinding)
- ifFalse: [^ scannedLiteral].
- key := scannedLiteral key.
- value := scannedLiteral value.
- key isNil
- ifTrue: "###<metaclass soleInstance name>"
- [(self bindingOf: value) ifNotNil:[:assoc|
- (assoc value isKindOf: Behavior)
- ifTrue: [^ nil->assoc value class]].
- requestor notify: 'No such metaclass'.
- ^false].
- (key isSymbol)
- ifTrue: "##<global var name>"
- [^ (self bindingOf: key) ifNil:
- [self environment undeclare: key]].
- requestor notify: '## must be followed by a non-local variable name'.
- ^false
-
- " Form literalScannedAs: 14 notifying: nil 14
- Form literalScannedAs: #OneBitForm notiEfying: nil  OneBitForm
- Form literalScannedAs: ##OneBitForm notifying: nil  OneBitForm->a Form
- Form literalScannedAs: ##Form notifying: nil   Form->Form
- Form literalScannedAs: ###Form notifying: nil   nilE->Form class
- "!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Context>>blockCopy: (in category 'controlling') -----
+ blockCopy: numArgs
+ "Primitive. Distinguish a block of code from its enclosing method by
+ creating a new BlockContext for that block. The compiler inserts into all
+ methods that contain blocks the bytecodes to send the message
+ blockCopy:. Do not use blockCopy: in code that you write!! Only the
+ compiler can decide to send the message blockCopy:. Fail if numArgs is
+ not a SmallInteger. Optional. No Lookup. See Object documentation
+ whatIsAPrimitive."
+
+ <primitive: 80>
+ ^ (BlockContext newForMethod: self method)
+ home: self home
+ startpc: pc + 2
+ nargs: numArgs!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: UndefinedObject>>literalScannedAs:notifying: (in category 'class hierarchy') -----
- literalScannedAs: scannedLiteral notifying: requestor
- ^ scannedLiteral!


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Trunk: Kernel-eem.1102.mcz

Levente Uzonyi
On Fri, 5 May 2017, [hidden email] wrote:

> Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-eem.1102.mcz
>
> ==================== Summary ====================
>
> Name: Kernel-eem.1102
> Author: eem
> Time: 5 May 2017, 12:14:26.339034 pm
> UUID: b61eaafd-be70-42f3-aaa4-b8e21da1fd4c
> Ancestors: Kernel-nice.1101
>
> Delete obsolete binding and block machinery now unused by the Compiler.
>
> =============== Diff against Kernel-nice.1101 ===============
>

snip

I suppose the following method was accidentally added again.
It happened to me as well, but I removed it from the commit.
I wonder how it gets added back. Perhaps a test adds it?

Levente

> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: Context>>blockCopy: (in category 'controlling') -----
> + blockCopy: numArgs
> + "Primitive. Distinguish a block of code from its enclosing method by
> + creating a new BlockContext for that block. The compiler inserts into all
> + methods that contain blocks the bytecodes to send the message
> + blockCopy:. Do not use blockCopy: in code that you write!! Only the
> + compiler can decide to send the message blockCopy:. Fail if numArgs is
> + not a SmallInteger. Optional. No Lookup. See Object documentation
> + whatIsAPrimitive."
> +
> + <primitive: 80>
> + ^ (BlockContext newForMethod: self method)
> + home: self home
> + startpc: pc + 2
> + nargs: numArgs!
>
> Item was removed:
> - ----- Method: UndefinedObject>>literalScannedAs:notifying: (in category 'class hierarchy') -----
> - literalScannedAs: scannedLiteral notifying: requestor
> - ^ scannedLiteral!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Trunk: Kernel-eem.1102.mcz

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Levente,

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, 5 May 2017, [hidden email] wrote:

Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-eem.1102.mcz

==================== Summary ====================

Name: Kernel-eem.1102
Author: eem
Time: 5 May 2017, 12:14:26.339034 pm
UUID: b61eaafd-be70-42f3-aaa4-b8e21da1fd4c
Ancestors: Kernel-nice.1101

Delete obsolete binding and block machinery now unused by the Compiler.

=============== Diff against Kernel-nice.1101 ===============


snip

I suppose the following method was accidentally added again.
It happened to me as well, but I removed it from the commit.
I wonder how it gets added back. Perhaps a test adds it?

So blockCopy: gets added back?  Hmmm, I'll try and track that down.

 
Levente


Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Context>>blockCopy: (in category 'controlling') -----
+ blockCopy: numArgs +  "Primitive. Distinguish a block of code from its enclosing method by +  creating a new BlockContext for that block. The compiler inserts into all +     methods that contain blocks the bytecodes to send the message +         blockCopy:. Do not use blockCopy: in code that you write!! Only the +   compiler can decide to send the message blockCopy:. Fail if numArgs is +        not a SmallInteger. Optional. No Lookup. See Object documentation +     whatIsAPrimitive."
+ +     <primitive: 80>
+       ^ (BlockContext newForMethod: self method)
+               home: self home
+               startpc: pc + 2
+               nargs: numArgs!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: UndefinedObject>>literalScannedAs:notifying: (in category 'class hierarchy') -----
- literalScannedAs: scannedLiteral notifying: requestor -       ^ scannedLiteral!
 
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot


Loading...