The Trunk: Morphic-edc.588.mcz

commits-2
Edgar J. De Cleene uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-edc.588.mcz

Name: Morphic-edc.588
Author: edc
Time: 11 November 2011, 6:36:57.436 am
UUID: f72f1dd0-d555-4a76-ab6e-290136fe8859
Ancestors: Morphic-ul.587

For long time Squeak do not have Stack and all related.
I choose comment out the method for avoid DNU

=============== Diff against Morphic-ul.587 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: PasteUpMorph>>addCustomMenuItems:hand: (in category 'menu & halo') -----
  addCustomMenuItems: menu hand: aHandMorph
  "Add morph-specific menu itemns to the menu for the hand"
  super addCustomMenuItems: menu hand: aHandMorph.

  menu addLine.
  Preferences noviceMode
  ifFalse: [
+ "self addStackMenuItems: menu hand: aHandMorph."
- self addStackMenuItems: menu hand: aHandMorph.
  self addPenMenuItems: menu hand: aHandMorph.
  self addPlayfieldMenuItems: menu hand: aHandMorph].

  self isWorldMorph
  ifTrue: [
  menu addLine.
  Preferences noviceMode
  ifFalse: [(owner isKindOf: BOBTransformationMorph)
  ifTrue: [self addScalingMenuItems: menu hand: aHandMorph]].
  menu addUpdating: #showWorldMainDockingBarString action: #toggleShowWorldMainDockingBar.

  Flaps sharedFlapsAllowed ifTrue: [
  menu
  addUpdating: #suppressFlapsString
  target: Project current
  action: #toggleFlapsSuppressed.
  ].

  Preferences noviceMode ifFalse: [| twm |
  menu addLine.

  twm := TheWorldMenu new.
  twm world: self project: Project current hand: aHandMorph.

  menu add: 'old desktop menu... (W)' translated subMenu: twm buildWorldMenu.
  ].
  ].
  !

Item was changed:
+ AnObsoleteParagraphEditor subclass: #TextMorphEditor
- ParagraphEditor subclass: #TextMorphEditor
  instanceVariableNames: 'morph oldInterval pivotBlock editHistory'
  classVariableNames: ''
  poolDictionaries: ''
  category: 'Morphic-Text Support'!

  !TextMorphEditor commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
  This is the ParagraphEditor for TextMorphs.

  -----
  In the past, BookMorphs had the ability to have each page be on the server as a .sp SqueakPage file.  The index of the book was a .bo file.  In text, Cmd-6 had a LinkTo option that linked to a page by its name, or created a new page of that name.  It assumed the book was on a server with a file per page.  Ted removed that code, and kept a copy on his disk in 'TME-ChngEmphasis.st for .bo .sp'!

Re: The Trunk: Morphic-edc.588.mcz

radoslav hodnicak
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:47 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Edgar J. De Cleene uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-edc.588.mcz

> Item was changed:
> + AnObsoleteParagraphEditor subclass: #TextMorphEditor
> - ParagraphEditor subclass: #TextMorphEditor
>        instanceVariableNames: 'morph oldInterval pivotBlock editHistory'
>        classVariableNames: ''
>        poolDictionaries: ''
>        category: 'Morphic-Text Support'!

AnObsoleteParagraphEditor subclass? Is that a diffing bug/effect or is
this a more serious problem?

Re: The Trunk: Morphic-edc.588.mcz

Edgar De Cleene

On 11/11/11 8:30 AM, "radoslav hodnicak" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:47 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Edgar J. De Cleene uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-edc.588.mcz

>> Item was changed:
>> + AnObsoleteParagraphEditor subclass: #TextMorphEditor
>> - ParagraphEditor subclass: #TextMorphEditor
>>        instanceVariableNames: 'morph oldInterval pivotBlock editHistory'
>>        classVariableNames: ''
>>        poolDictionaries: ''
>>        category: 'Morphic-Text Support'!
>
> AnObsoleteParagraphEditor subclass? Is that a diffing bug/effect or is
> this a more serious problem?

This is for SqueakCore, suppose we should have a different repository for it
soon.
The change do not affect normal Squeak.
As I said in comments, Stack and others classes do not was in Squeak for a
long time.
Flaps build do not should have Stack related IMHO.

Edgar

Re: The Trunk: Morphic-edc.588.mcz

radoslav hodnicak
I was asking about the diff showing an obsolete class

+AnObsoleteParagraphEditor subclass: #TextMorphEditor

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/11/11 8:30 AM, "radoslav hodnicak" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:47 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Edgar J. De Cleene uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
>>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-edc.588.mcz
>>>
>>> ==================== Summary ====================
>>> Item was changed:
>>> + AnObsoleteParagraphEditor subclass: #TextMorphEditor
>>> - ParagraphEditor subclass: #TextMorphEditor
>>>        instanceVariableNames: 'morph oldInterval pivotBlock editHistory'
>>>        classVariableNames: ''
>>>        poolDictionaries: ''
>>>        category: 'Morphic-Text Support'!
>>
>> AnObsoleteParagraphEditor subclass? Is that a diffing bug/effect or is
>> this a more serious problem?
>>
> This is for SqueakCore, suppose we should have a different repository for it
> soon.
> The change do not affect normal Squeak.
> As I said in comments, Stack and others classes do not was in Squeak for a
> long time.
> Flaps build do not should have Stack related IMHO.
>
> Edgar

Re: The Trunk: Morphic-edc.588.mcz

Bert Freudenberg
On 11.11.2011, at 12:51, radoslav hodnicak wrote:

> I was asking about the diff showing an obsolete class
>
> +AnObsoleteParagraphEditor subclass: #TextMorphEditor

Yes, the package is broken. I moved it out of the trunk repository.

> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene
>> This is for SqueakCore, suppose we should have a different repository for it
>> soon.

No, we should not. Packages with the same name should be identical between the core image and the full image. The only difference is that there are fewer packages, and possibly alternative packages (e.g. FullMorphic vs. MinimalMorphic).

>> The change do not affect normal Squeak.

What's "normal Squeak"?

>> As I said in comments, Stack and others classes do not was in Squeak for a
>> long time.

That is not true. It's still there.

Just create a StackMorph. You can see the stack menu items by bringing up the halo on its "card" submorph. I just tried that in a fully updated image (11777).

Now I agree that this should be refactored so these classes can be unloaded cleanly. Some way would have to be devised to add those menu items only if there potentially is a stack.

- Bert -