The Trunk: System-cmm.444.mcz

commits-2
Chris Muller uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-cmm.444.mcz

Name: System-cmm.444
Author: cmm
Time: 21 June 2011, 8:23:11.442 pm
UUID: 9a6e9e27-c71c-44fd-b8a9-f2c2c5e2eb0c
Ancestors: System-cmm.443

Removed sound options that were in Preferences since they have been moved to SoundPlayer and SoundService.

=============== Diff against System-cmm.443 ===============

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Preferences class>>canRecordWhilePlaying (in category 'sound') -----
- canRecordWhilePlaying
- self deprecated: 'Ask the sound recorder for this info'.
- ^SoundRecorder canRecordWhilePlaying!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Preferences class>>soundQuickStart (in category 'sound') -----
- soundQuickStart
- self deprecated: 'Ask the sound player for this info'.
- ^SoundPlayer soundQuickStart!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Preferences class>>soundStopWhenDone (in category 'sound') -----
- soundStopWhenDone
- self deprecated: 'Ask the sound player for this info'.
- ^SoundPlayer stopSoundWhenDone!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Preferences class>>soundsEnabled (in category 'sound') -----
- soundsEnabled
- self deprecated: 'Sound now uses now preference pragmas.
- Setting available directly in SoundService'.
- ^SoundService soundEnabled!

Re: The Trunk: System-cmm.444.mcz

Henrik Sperre Johansen
Thanks for the merge!
Are you sure you want them removed rather than deprecated before the next release though?

I don't see how there could be many potential external users, but you never know :)
If so, #toggleSoundEnabling and #soundEnablingString still remain.
(Sorry for messing up soundEnabled default setting btw)

Also, defaultValueTableForCurrentRelease might need review, I'm not sure how they work with pragma prefs, and just changed the corresponding name...

Cheers,
Henry

Re: The Trunk: System-cmm.444.mcz

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Henrik Sperre Johansen wrote:

> Thanks for the merge!
> Are you sure you want them removed rather than deprecated before the next
> release though?
>
> I don't see how there could be many potential external users, but you never
> know :)
> If so, #toggleSoundEnabling and #soundEnablingString still remain.
> (Sorry for messing up soundEnabled default setting btw)
>
> Also, defaultValueTableForCurrentRelease might need review, I'm not sure how
> they work with pragma prefs, and just changed the corresponding name...

Pragma preferences don't use that table, the default for a preference is
defined by the selector method.

Levente