The Trunk: System-topa.764.mcz

commits-2
Tobias Pape uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-topa.764.mcz

Name: System-topa.764
Author: topa
Time: 27 August 2015, 11:47:04.664 pm
UUID: c205a736-8aff-48c5-8b3b-24ec808d19fd
Ancestors: System-topa.763

Do not return nil for unknown preferences in dNU magic but rather bail.

=============== Diff against System-topa.763 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Preferences class>>doesNotUnderstand: (in category 'get/set') -----
  doesNotUnderstand: aMessage
  "Interpret unary message selectors as preference id."

  ^ aMessage arguments size > 0
  ifTrue: [super doesNotUnderstand: aMessage]
+ ifFalse: [
+ self
+ valueOfPreference: aMessage selector
+ ifAbsent: [super doesNotUnderstand: aMessage]]!
- ifFalse: [self valueOfPreference: aMessage selector]!

Re: The Trunk: System-topa.764.mcz

marcel.taeumel
Not good for old projects... :-/ Anyway, we might get rid of this DNU trick completely...

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Trunk: System-topa.764.mcz

Tobias Pape

On 28.08.2015, at 09:52, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not good for old projects... :-/ Anyway, we might get rid of this DNU trick
> completely...

Right, but several old things expect a false instead of nil when the pref is absent.
Metacello's bootstrap expects an error that is beeing catched…

best regards
        -tobias