The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

commits-2
Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-mt.665.mcz

Name: Tools-mt.665
Author: mt
Time: 21 January 2016, 3:29:14.847612 pm
UUID: 24e30409-d257-4e2a-b221-1d9b4faf786e
Ancestors: Tools-mt.664

After a brief discussion with Bert, remove the possibility to drop folders into the folder tree in the File List tool. To avoid inadvertent restructuring.

=============== Diff against Tools-mt.664 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: FileList>>wantsDraggedObject: (in category 'drag''n''drop') -----
  wantsDraggedObject: anObject

+ ^ anObject class == DirectoryEntryFile!
- ^ (anObject isKindOf: DirectoryEntry) or: [anObject isKindOf: FileDirectory]!

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

Chris Muller-3
Disable functionality because it might accidently be invoked?

Shouldn't the requirement that the one being dragged be pre-selected
be requirement enough?  That way it won't happen through accidently
clicking it, because its already clicked.

Especially now that I can no longer refresh the file list by clicking
the _already selected_ folder, something taht got broken since 5.0...
 Now I have to click on a different folder, then back to the folder I
wanted to refresh...

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

Karl Ramberg
+1
Refresh for FileList is needed

Best,
Karl

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Disable functionality because it might accidently be invoked?

Shouldn't the requirement that the one being dragged be pre-selected
be requirement enough?  That way it won't happen through accidently
clicking it, because its already clicked.

Especially now that I can no longer refresh the file list by clicking
the _already selected_ folder, something taht got broken since 5.0...
 Now I have to click on a different folder, then back to the folder I
wanted to refresh...

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

Chris Muller-3
> Shouldn't the requirement that the one being dragged be pre-selected
> be requirement enough?  That way it won't happen through accidently
> clicking it, because its already clicked.

And, actually, I seem to remember this threshold of dragging-distance
which must be exceeded before an object is considered being dragged.
Maybe that would be a solution to accidental draggage...

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

marcel.taeumel
Actually, the code does not work for folders only for files. Does it on your system?

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

Eliot Miranda-2
+1. Having to select another folder to refresh in a complete pain.  Please restore click-to-refresh.

_,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)

> On Jan 21, 2016, at 8:12 AM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Disable functionality because it might accidently be invoked?
>
> Shouldn't the requirement that the one being dragged be pre-selected
> be requirement enough?  That way it won't happen through accidently
> clicking it, because its already clicked.
>
> Especially now that I can no longer refresh the file list by clicking
> the _already selected_ folder, something taht got broken since 5.0...
> Now I have to click on a different folder, then back to the folder I
> wanted to refresh...

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

Karl Ramberg
Click-to-refresh is enabled if you comment out a line in PluggableTreeMorph. I'm not sure if this has consequences for other users of PluggableTreeMorph.

PluggableTreeMorph>>setSelectedMorph: aMorph

"Avoid unnecessary model callbacks."
--> "self selectedMorph == aMorph ifTrue: [^ self]."
Best,
Karl

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1. Having to select another folder to refresh in a complete pain.  Please restore click-to-refresh.

_,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)

> On Jan 21, 2016, at 8:12 AM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Disable functionality because it might accidently be invoked?
>
> Shouldn't the requirement that the one being dragged be pre-selected
> be requirement enough?  That way it won't happen through accidently
> clicking it, because its already clicked.
>
> Especially now that I can no longer refresh the file list by clicking
> the _already selected_ folder, something taht got broken since 5.0...
> Now I have to click on a different folder, then back to the folder I
> wanted to refresh...

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

Chris Muller-3
I'm still able to move files to other directories, as it should be
able to, but not directories, I don't know whether its ever worked but
I think it should..

Just FYI, there is another annoying problem wiht the FileList:  When I
open it via Shift+Command+L, and it happens to open with the directory
tree directly under the Hand, it seems to be sending that 'L' key to
the tree as a filter criteria, causing it to change its selection and
scroll way out of view...

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 2:25 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actually, the code does not work for folders only for files. Does it on your
> system?
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

marcel.taeumel
Works again: http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt-156-mcz-td4873508.html

Sorry, I think I was too cautious. :-)

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

marcel.taeumel
This is the thing with global keyboard shortcuts implemented as keyboard listeners: Events get duplicated. You might want to defer the spawning of the file list tool until the next world cycle via (pseudo code):

self future spawnFileList.

or

Project current addDeferredUIMessage: [self spawnFileList].

Or something like that. Then, this behavior is less likely unless the user insists on pressing the keys for too long (see: key repetitions).

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

Eliot Miranda-2
Thanks!!

_,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)

> On Jan 23, 2016, at 2:50 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Works again:
> http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt-156-mcz-td4873508.html
>
> Sorry, I think I was too cautious. :-)
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

Karl Ramberg
I wonder what it would take to make Explorers update on clicking ?

It's a little annoying to collapse the three to get it to update.

I know I can monitor changes but that is also inconvenient...

Give me convenience or give me death ;-)

Best,
Karl

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 11:50 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Works again:
http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt-156-mcz-td4873508.html

Sorry, I think I was too cautious. :-)

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

timrowledge

> On 23-01-2016, at 8:21 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Give me convenience or give me death ;-)

<hollow deathly tones>When might be a convenient time, sir?</hollow deathly tones>

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Nihil est--in vita priore ego imperator Romanus fui = That's nothing--in a previous life I was a Roman Emperor.

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

marcel.taeumel
Hi Karl,

this is quite simple via "self changed: #objectChanged with: anObject" in ObjectExplorer >> #currentSelection:. However, IndentingListItemMorph >> #refresh has some specific side-effects regarding the monitoring feature in Object Explorers, meaning, the color of the label will change. We should fix/decouple that. Additionally, expanded sub-sub-trees will collapse on the update as described in PluggableTreeMorph >> #updateMorph:.

...oops, somebody should also implement PluggableTreeItemNode >> #refresh. ;o)

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz

Karl Ramberg
Thanks,

I'll take a look at it

Best,
Karl

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 11:57 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Karl,

this is quite simple via "self changed: #objectChanged with: anObject" in
ObjectExplorer >> #currentSelection:. However, IndentingListItemMorph >>
#refresh has some specific side-effects regarding the monitoring feature in
Object Explorers, meaning, the color of the label will change. We should
fix/decouple that. Additionally, expanded sub-sub-trees will collapse on the
update as described in PluggableTreeMorph >> #updateMorph:.

...oops, somebody should also implement PluggableTreeItemNode >> #refresh.
;o)

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Trunk: Tools-mt.665.mcz