The Trunk: Universes-kfr.49.mcz

commits-2
Karl Ramberg uploaded a new version of Universes to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Universes-kfr.49.mcz

Name: Universes-kfr.49
Author: kfr
Time: 25 November 2015, 4:41:51.099 pm
UUID: 7fee292f-53fe-4b4d-822a-bf8798bd2cda
Ancestors: Universes-mt.48

Removal of Universes

=============== Diff against Universes-mt.48 ===============

Item was added:
+ (PackageInfo named: 'Universes') preamble: '"below, add code to be run before the loading of this package"
+ (MCPackage named: ''Universes'') workingCopy unload'!

Re: The Trunk: Universes-kfr.49.mcz

Levente Uzonyi-2
I don't think it is right to unload the package when you're about to load
it. I wonder what would happen if you were to load it into an image.

Levente

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, [hidden email] wrote:

> Karl Ramberg uploaded a new version of Universes to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Universes-kfr.49.mcz

> Name: Universes-kfr.49
> Author: kfr
> Time: 25 November 2015, 4:41:51.099 pm
> UUID: 7fee292f-53fe-4b4d-822a-bf8798bd2cda
> Ancestors: Universes-mt.48
>
> Removal of Universes
>
> =============== Diff against Universes-mt.48 ===============
>
> Item was added:
> + (PackageInfo named: 'Universes') preamble: '"below, add code to be run before the loading of this package"
> + (MCPackage named: ''Universes'') workingCopy unload'!

Re: The Trunk: Universes-kfr.49.mcz

Karl Ramberg
It seems all package unloading involves it first being loaded.

But you mean it the unloading should be in the post script?

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't think it is right to unload the package when you're about to load it. I wonder what would happen if you were to load it into an image.

Levente

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, [hidden email] wrote:

Karl Ramberg uploaded a new version of Universes to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Universes-kfr.49.mcz

Name: Universes-kfr.49

Re: The Trunk: Universes-kfr.49.mcz

Tobias Pape

On 25.11.2015, at 20:20, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It seems all package unloading involves it first being loaded.
>
> But you mean it the unloading should be in the post script?

I would actually favour to do the unloading of any to-be-gone package
in the postscript of the SqueakVersion Package (possibly incrementing the version by
the necessary offset).

What do you think?

Best regards
        -Tobias

PS: I had this all on my mental list and had hoped to do it before novermber, but
    thats how it goes…

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, Tobias Pape wrote:

> On 25.11.2015, at 20:20, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It seems all package unloading involves it first being loaded.
>>
>> But you mean it the unloading should be in the post script?
>>

> I would actually favour to do the unloading of any to-be-gone package
> in the postscript of the SqueakVersion Package (possibly incrementing the version by
> the necessary offset).
>
> What do you think?
I agree.

Levente

> Best regards
> -Tobias
>
> PS: I had this all on my mental list and had hoped to do it before novermber, but
>    thats how it goes…
>

>> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I don't think it is right to unload the package when you're about to load it. I wonder what would happen if you were to load it into an image.
>>
>> Levente
>>

>> On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Karl Ramberg uploaded a new version of Universes to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Universes-kfr.49.mcz

>> Name: Universes-kfr.49
>> Author: kfr
>> Time: 25 November 2015, 4:41:51.099 pm
>> UUID: 7fee292f-53fe-4b4d-822a-bf8798bd2cda
>> Ancestors: Universes-mt.48
>>
>> Removal of Universes
>>
>> =============== Diff against Universes-mt.48 ===============
>>
>> Item was added:
>> + (PackageInfo named: 'Universes') preamble: '"below, add code to be run before the loading of this package"
>> + (MCPackage named: ''Universes'') workingCopy unload'!

Re: The Trunk: Universes-kfr.49.mcz

Karl Ramberg
Ok,
I made a new version that unloads and unregister Universes from the Squeak-Version post script.

Best,
Karl

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 12:20 AM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hannes Hirzel
Update through the SqueakMenu up to update number 15555 is fine. Seems
to work fine at this end.

Universes are no longer in the image. Only and Installer class is left.

--Hannes

On 11/26/15, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok,
> I made a new version that unloads and unregister Universes from the
> Squeak-Version post script.
>
> Best,
> Karl
>
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 12:20 AM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, Tobias Pape wrote:
>>

>>> On 25.11.2015, at 20:20, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> It seems all package unloading involves it first being loaded.

>>> I would actually favour to do the unloading of any to-be-gone package
>>> in the postscript of the SqueakVersion Package (possibly incrementing
>>> the
>>> version by
>>> the necessary offset).
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>

>> I agree.
>>
>> Levente
>>

>>> Best regards
>>>         -Tobias
>>>
>>> PS: I had this all on my mental list and had hoped to do it before
>>> novermber, but
>>>    thats how it goes…

Squeak_update_15555_Screenshot_2015-11-27.png (27K) Download Attachment

Re: The Trunk: Universes-kfr.49.mcz

Edgar De Cleene

On Nov 27, 2015, at 10:22, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Update through the SqueakMenu up to update number 15555 is fine. Seems
to work fine at this end.

Universes are no longer in the image. Only and Installer class is left.

—Hannes

Very good news.
Thanks Karl

Re: The Trunk: Universes-kfr.49.mcz

Levente Uzonyi-2
Sadly the update process will break if your image has Universes-mt.48 in
it, because it'll try to load Universes-kfr.49 after it has been removed
by Squeak-Version. I think removing Universes from the update map will
help.

Levente

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 4:03 AM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sadly the update process will break if your image has Universes-mt.48 in it, because it'll try to load Universes-kfr.49 after it has been removed by Squeak-Version. I think removing Universes from the update map will help.

Hi,
what can I do to fix this ?
I'm not sure how to make a update map