"The World of Smalltalk" launch

Geert Claes
Administrator
Hi everyone, Following the extremely positive feedback I received grouping all Smalltalk related mailing lists I have extended the initiative with a free informational website for anything Smalltalk under the name "The World of Smalltalk" on www.world.st (nabble forums are on forum.world.st)

I decided to keep the website clean and simple and have not added any ads.  I only added a gratuitous "donate" link on the "contact" and "about this site" page for those who want to make a voluntary contribution towards the domain registration cost or even for my time and effort :)

I have only added the local smalltalk user groups which seemed still active and the events calender includes the upcoming events I was aware of as well as the UK Smalltalk User Group's shared calendar.

Please feel free to distribute and/or link to the www.world.st website (which helps with the search engine optimization) to guide anyone to the information they need.

Any feedback regarding the site is also welcome!

Cheers, Geert

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

Alexandre Bergel-4
Looks good. Byt what is the difference with PlanetSmalltalk?

Just wondering ?

Alexandre

On 28 Apr 2010, at 14:54, Geert Claes wrote:

> Hi everyone, Following the extremely positive feedback I received
> grouping
> all Smalltalk related mailing lists I have extended the initiative
> with a
> free informational website for anything Smalltalk under the name
> "The World
> of Smalltalk" on  http://www.world.st www.world.st  (nabble forums
> are on
> http://forum.world.st forum.world.st )
>
> I decided to keep the website clean and simple and have not added
> any ads.
> I only added a gratuitous "donate" link on the "contact" and "about
> this
> site" page for those who want to make a voluntary contribution
> towards the
> domain registration cost or even for my time and effort :)
>
> I have only added the local smalltalk user groups which seemed still
> active
> and the events calender includes the upcoming events I was aware of
> as well
> as the UK Smalltalk User Group's shared calendar.
>
> Please feel free to distribute and/or link to the  http://www.world.st
> www.world.st  website (which helps with the search engine
> optimization) to
> guide anyone to the information they need.
>
> Any feedback regarding the site is also welcome!
>
> Cheers, Geert

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

Geert Claes
Administrator
Alexandre Bergel-4 wrote
Looks good. Byt what is the difference with PlanetSmalltalk?
Planet Smalltalk is a collection on blogs and www.world.st links to it from the Community > Weblogs link.

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

Alexandre Bergel
> Alexandre Bergel-4 wrote:
>>
>> Looks good. Byt what is the difference with PlanetSmalltalk?
>>

> Planet Smalltalk is a collection on blogs and www.world.st links to
> it from
> the Community > Weblogs link.

Ok.

OfT, why -4 ? :-)

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

Geert Claes
Administrator
Alexandre Bergel wrote
OfT, why -4 ? :-)
What's OfT?

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

Alexandre Bergel
> Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>>

>> OfT, why -4 ? :-)
>>

> What's OfT?

Out of Topic

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

Geert Claes
Administrator
Ok, still not sure what you mean with the "OfT, why -4" :)

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

csrabak

 He means "Asking you an off topic question: why my name appears with a suffix '-4' in your replies?"

HTH

--
Cesar Rabak

Em 28/04/2010 17:44, Geert Claes < [hidden email] > escreveu:

Ok, still not sure what you mean with the &quot;OfT, why -4&quot; :)

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

Geert Claes
Administrator
csrabak wrote
 He means "Asking you an off topic question: why my name appears with a suffix '-4' in your replies?"
Aha :)  I am using Nabble and its my guess that Nabble add's numbers at the end when the same name has been used using different email addresses across different mailing lists.

Seeing a -4 reminded me of the dreadful GSOC voting debacle so I am glad it has nothing to do with that.

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

Julian Fitzell-2
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Geert Claes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Seeing a -4 reminded me of the dreadful GSOC voting debacle so I am glad it
has nothing to do with that.

:)

Nice work Geert... that's a very attractive site with just a nice minimal set of information cleanly presented.

Julian

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED