"The World of Smalltalk" launch

Geert Claes
Administrator
Hi everyone, Following the extremely positive feedback I received grouping all Smalltalk related mailing lists I have extended the initiative with a free informational website for anything Smalltalk under the name "The World of Smalltalk" on www.world.st (nabble forums are on forum.world.st)

I decided to keep the website clean and simple and have not added any ads.  I only added a gratuitous "donate" link on the "contact" and "about this site" page for those who want to make a voluntary contribution towards the domain registration cost or even for my time and effort :)

I have only added the local smalltalk user groups which seemed still active and the events calender includes the upcoming events I was aware of as well as the UK Smalltalk User Group's shared calendar.

Please feel free to distribute and/or link to the www.world.st website (which helps with the search engine optimization) to guide anyone to the information they need.

Any feedback regarding the site is also welcome!

Cheers, Geert

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

Squeak List
cool :)

i would suggest a link for these smalltalk videos (and any others as well) also - possibly with information about how to download the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gandysmedicineshow

thanx,

ken

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

dcorking
Geert said:
>  "The World of Smalltalk" on www.world.st
> I have only added the local smalltalk user groups which seemed still active

AFAIK the French group has an annual Smalltalk Party
http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Smalltalk_Party
http://community.ofset.org/index.php/French_Smalltalk_User_Group

Hope that helps.

Yep, Videos are a great idea, I'll be looking into that soon :)

Added a video's page :)

Added the French Smalltalk User Group too

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

Squeak List
Geert,

very nice indeed :)

thanx,

ken

> i would suggest a link for these smalltalk videos (and any others as well)
> also - possibly with information about how to download the videos:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/gandysmedicineshow

Added a video's page :)

Re: "The World of Smalltalk" launch

Dennis Schetinin