The next target platform - GemStone/S

Joseph Bacanskas
Hi All:

I've had a little down time (read laid off), so I thought I would attack a
port of Swazoo to GemStone/S.  I tried a while ago, but didn't get very far.
Happily, Ken has done some wonderful refactoring in the interum, which seems
to be helping.

So far, I have gotten all of the classes and all but a handful of methods to
compile in GS.  The socket stuff went much more smoothly than I expected.  I
am starting with the HTTPServerTests because so much relies upon the
HTTPServer.  No tests are running yet, but I still feel like there has been a
lot of progress in 3 one hour coding/porting sessions.  Wish me luck. ;-)

Cheers!!

--
Thanks!!
Joseph Bacanskas [|]

RE: The next target platform - GemStone/S

Jerry Bell
Hi Joseph!

Good luck! - it looks like things are going pretty well so far.

Does GemStone/S have any support for SOAP yet?  If not you might want to
look at Steve Waring's Spray implementation after you've got Swazoo running
- it's coming along nicely and is doing well in interop testing with other
SOAP implementations.  It's currently running in Dolphin, but the only part
that might be a little hairy to port is using another XML parser instead of
MSXML.  On the plus side, he's got hundreds of sunit tests to go along with
it!

You can check out more info at http://www.dolphinharbor.org if you're
interested.  Code and interop tests are there- but documentation is a little
lacking right now since he's in the middle of another big refactoring.

Jerry Bell
[hidden email]