The old "object name conflicts in archive" problem on Windows' MSYS-MinGW

The old "object name conflicts in archive" problem on Windows' MSYS-MinGW

leledumbo
Hi, it's been a long time since I report the bug. I saw that Paolo has forwarded this to libtool developers (but I see no resolution yet), but the bug still happens with the current (3.2.4) version. Has anyone found out how to solve it?

Re: The old "object name conflicts in archive" problem on Windows' MSYS-MinGW

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 04/10/2011 10:29 AM, leledumbo wrote:
> Hi, it's been a long time since I report the bug. I saw that Paolo has
> forwarded this to libtool developers (but I see no resolution yet), but the
> bug still happens with the current (3.2.4) version. Has anyone found out how
> to solve it?

Cross compilation works, perhaps it is a case-sensitivity problem in the
file system.  But I don't recall the details; rather than referring to
it as "the old problem" can you add a pointer to the discussion or a new
pair of config.log/make stderr?

Paolo

Re: The old "object name conflicts in archive" problem on Windows' MSYS-MinGW

leledumbo
> rather than referring to it as "the old problem" can you add a pointer to the discussion

Here it goes

> new pair of config.log/make stderr?

Workin' on it, it's in my laptop (I'm on desktop now). I'll try to reproduce here as well.

Re: The old "object name conflicts in archive" problem on Windows' MSYS-MinGW

leledumbo
Here's the new config.log and make stdout/stderr: smalltalk-3.2.4.zip

Re: The old "object name conflicts in archive" problem on Windows' MSYS-MinGW

leledumbo
I think I've found the problem. My stupidity, Windows' path is listed before msys' bin in PATH. So, unix utilities which have same name with Windows' builtin utilities won't get called. Windows' ones get called instead. I'm retrying, hope it works this time.