The tool is called "Method Search" or "Message Names"?

The tool is called "Method Search" or "Message Names"?

Oscar Nierstrasz

In the Tools menus the tool labeled "Method Search" opens a tool
called "Method Names".

Which is it?  (The the Pharo book we are calling it "Method Names",
but we should be consistent.)

- on

Re: The tool is called "Method Search" or "Message Names"?

Stéphane Ducasse
> In the Tools menus the tool labeled "Method Search" opens a tool
> called "Method Names".

May be Method Name Search
send a fix and I will integrate it during the next batch

Stef

> Which is it?  (The the Pharo book we are calling it "Method Names",
> but we should be consistent.)
>
> - on

Re: The tool is called "Method Search" or "Message Names"?

Oscar Nierstrasz

I think it is simpler and more consistent to stick with "Message
Names". The only change required is to:

StandardToolSet class>>menuItems

There are dozens of other places that assume that the tool is called
"Message names".  I see no reason to muck about with all of them.

Posted to http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoInbox/Tools-OscarNierstrasz.201.mcz

- on

On Sep 17, 2009, at 15:00, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

>> In the Tools menus the tool labeled "Method Search" opens a tool
>> called "Method Names".
>
> May be Method Name Search
> send a fix and I will integrate it during the next batch
>
> Stef
>

>> Which is it?  (The the Pharo book we are calling it "Method Names",
>> but we should be consistent.)
>>
>> - on

Re: The tool is called "Method Search" or "Message Names"?

Stéphane Ducasse
good I will integrate that in a later batch today.
Did you open a ticket?

On Sep 29, 2009, at 12:48 PM, Oscar Nierstrasz wrote:

> I think it is simpler and more consistent to stick with "Message
> Names". The only change required is to:
>
> StandardToolSet class>>menuItems
>
> There are dozens of other places that assume that the tool is called
> "Message names".  I see no reason to muck about with all of them.
>
> Posted to http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoInbox/Tools-OscarNierstrasz.201.mcz
>
> - on
>

> On Sep 17, 2009, at 15:00, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>>> In the Tools menus the tool labeled "Method Search" opens a tool
>>> called "Method Names".
>>
>> May be Method Name Search
>> send a fix and I will integrate it during the next batch
>>
>> Stef
>>

>>> Which is it?  (The the Pharo book we are calling it "Method Names",
>>> but we should be consistent.)
>>>
>>> - on

Re: The tool is called "Method Search" or "Message Names"?

Oscar Nierstrasz

It is there now -- issue 1253

- on