Themes = CSS ?

Hunter-2
I'd like to introduce my own CSS. I am assuming this would replace the
standard Themes provided in Webvelocity? But I can't see how to
intorduce my CSS and have it show up as a selectable theme?

Re: Themes = CSS ?

Mark Roberts
Hunter,

This is off-topic, but I tried to reply to your message "Re: Saving Code
(not publishing): How?" and the AOL mail server bounced it with some
kind of SMTP error.

If you contact me from a non-AOL address that can receive our mail, I'll
resend, but if you repost your question directly to the WebVelocity
forum, you could get an answer more quickly. W.r.t. your inquiry in that
mail, it sounds like the basic configuration is set up fine, but you are
getting stuck on deployment. To really respond to that, we'll need more
specific details about where you are in the WebVelocity UI and the
precise task you are attempting. If there are specific parts of the
documentation that aren't making sense to you, please provide the exact
names of the topics or URLs.

Regards,

M. Roberts
Cincom Systems, Inc.

On 3/28/2010 11:43 PM, Hunter wrote:
> I'd like to introduce my own CSS. I am assuming this would replace the
> standard Themes provided in Webvelocity? But I can't see how to
> intorduce my CSS and have it show up as a selectable theme?

Re: Themes = CSS ?

Michael Lucas-Smith-2
On 3/28/10 7:43 AM, Hunter wrote:
> I'd like to introduce my own CSS. I am assuming this would replace the
> standard Themes provided in Webvelocity? But I can't see how to
> intorduce my CSS and have it show up as a selectable theme?

Hi Hunter,

The themes are just CSS. The rules for which CSS attributes, selectors,
classes you can apply to each element on the page are documented on
GenericViewUI, GenericListUI and GenericEditUI if you feel the desire to
make your own theme.

The themes themselves are implemented as a few method extensions on the
ThemeLibrary class but we've rejigged that for WV1.1 to make it a little
easier. Unfortunately, this has fallen off the priority list.

You don't need to use the ThemeLibrary class to create your own styles.
Just create a WAFileLibrary subclass and make your own CSS right there
using the rules described on the GenericUI classes.

Cheers,
Michael