There is a "dead Idler" in my image :-)

Joseph Frippiat
When I run the Process Monitor, I see that there is a "dead Idler" in my
image.  Where does it come from?  Is this a problem?  How can I clean it?

Thanks,

Joseph

Re: There is a "dead Idler" in my image :-)

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Joseph Frippiat wrote:
> When I run the Process Monitor, I see that there is a "dead Idler" in my
> image.  Where does it come from?  Is this a problem?  How can I clean it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joseph

There's a live one too, right?  Most likely, you have either a zombie
view, an inspector, debugger, workspace or global variable, etc., that
is holding a reference on the outgoing thread.  Depending on how hard it
is to find, you can use the panic button or reference finder to figure
out what it holding it.  The archives contain some code for zombie
cleanup that are not quite as harsh as panic, and instead selectively
look for compromised views rather than closing everything; you might
start there.

Have a good one,

Bill

--