These beautiful tooltips

123

Re: WCAG color contrast rules - was: Re: These beautiful tooltips

stepharong
It would be nice to have a palette class with some nice defaults.
Cyril could you package what you have in MDL out of MDL so that we can add it to Pharo?

Stef

And there are useful A11Y (Accessibility combos down the page)

Phil

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:38 PM, stepharong <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 13:52:54 +0100, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would like to help in both accessibility and implementation detail of
the theme. In the other hand I fell we are in such flux with the future
UI in Pharo. What are the grounds we can stand on regarding UI?

Improve now.
Think later.
Bloc/Brick will not be ready before some versions of Pharo.

Hilaire

Le 31/01/2017 à 11:21, [hidden email] a
écrit :
Well there is no subclass of GLMBrickColorThemer so dark themes get
hardcoded light colors in places for example.

On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 22:20:28 +0100, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> UI quality team could be fun.
>
> Here are some ideas how it could be organised:
>
> - at least 3/5/7 persons looking at issues and reporting it. Why three?
> Easier to decide and UI may for some part be very opinionated
> These persons could discuss how to fix it, if no consensus, the team
> could ask to the whole community @devel.
>
> - should the team discuss on a dedicated mailing list? May be to avoid
> too much noise on @devel...
>
> - the team will look mostly at non blocking bugs, ones in the sphere of
> "First impression count", so it can be clarity of the UI (message, tips,
> color, etc) or some annoying bugs regarding usability
>
> - the team should be able to fix itself most of these issues.
>
> How does it sound?

good but will we find these people?

> Hilaire
>
> Le 03/02/2017 à 12:25, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :
>> I like the idea of a UI quality team and more dedicated teams should
>> be built maybe on documentation, CI, etc ...
>> I guess for an UI quality team, the first step is to propose a process
>> on how to assess the quality of a release.

Re: WCAG color contrast rules - was: Re: These beautiful tooltips

HilaireFernandes
Damned you are inferring a lot on my writing, but I understand now.

In my previous post I had no argument against the *new* debugger, nor I
wrote its interface degraded. I just made an absolute remark regarding
lack of information on non obvious function, in the debugger in my
example, which apply to both P3 and P5. Don't make it personal, it is
not. Btw in the past I wrote I see no reason to complain about the top
positioning of the buttons, you see...

As you wrote about comparing Pharo3 and Pharo5 debugger tooltips, now I
think the situation improve because there is a least shortcut mentioned
in the tips. But still a description of each button is in my opinion
more than needed.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: WCAG color contrast rules - was: Re: These beautiful tooltips

HilaireFernandes
Will Serge, Dimitris willing to join in with me?

Hilaire

Le 04/02/2017 à 18:26, stepharong a écrit :
>> How does it sound?
>
> good but will we find these people?

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: WCAG color contrast rules - was: Re: These beautiful tooltips

CyrilFerlicot
Le 04/02/2017 à 20:46, Hilaire a écrit :
> Will Serge, Dimitris willing to join in with me?
>
> Hilaire
>
> Le 04/02/2017 à 18:26, stepharong a écrit :
>>> How does it sound?
>>
>> good but will we find these people?

If you create a mailing list I would be interested to subscribe.

I would like to help to improve everything in the category "first
impression count" but I don't know if I will have the time in the next
month.

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: WCAG color contrast rules - was: Re: These beautiful tooltips

SergeStinckwich
I guess we can find better qualified people about UI quality than me ;-)
Doru or Johan are examples.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 4 févr. 2017 à 21:07, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Le 04/02/2017 à 20:46, Hilaire a écrit :
>> Will Serge, Dimitris willing to join in with me?
>>
>> Hilaire

>>> good but will we find these people?
>>

> If you create a mailing list I would be interested to subscribe.
>
> I would like to help to improve everything in the category "first
> impression count" but I don't know if I will have the time in the next
> month.
>
> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
>
> http://www.synectique.eu
>
> 2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
> 59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: WCAG color contrast rules - was: Re: These beautiful tooltips

HilaireFernandes
May be more naive eyes will more likely see glitches

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: WCAG color contrast rules - was: Re: These beautiful tooltips

jfabry

Thanks for the vote of confidence :-) but sadly due to my move I won’t be able to spend much time on Pharo in the near future :-(

--
Does this mail seem too brief? Sorry for that, I don’t mean to be rude! Please see http://emailcharter.org .

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

On 04/02/2017 18:26, stepharong wrote:
> It would be nice to have a palette class with some nice defaults.
> Cyril could you package what you have in MDL out of MDL so that we can
> add it to Pharo?
>
> Stef

I extracted it here:

https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialColors

In the future I would like to add some utilities methods for example to
choose the font color from the background color following MaterialDesign
recommendations. Like that we would not have to care about the
readability of a font color if the background changes. (Following
https://material.io/guidelines/style/color.html#color-color-schemes)