Things I'm missing in the Glamorous Debugger

Things I'm missing in the Glamorous Debugger

FDominicus
Ok here are the things I used to have but am missin in the Glamourous
debugger
- Inspection of values  (yes they are listed in the lower area) but
there can be quite a few Variables in which I may or may not be
interested.

- there is simply no workspace available in the debugger. So just
  issuing a few commands simply does not do it.

- I personally find the stepping symbols to small. They are not reall
  bad but kind of "strange"

Regards
Friedrich

Re: Things I'm missing in the Glamorous Debugger

FDominicus
Friedrich Dominicus <[hidden email]> writes:

> - there is simply no workspace available in the debugger. So just
>   issuing a few commands simply does not do it.
Well just a few seconds later I find it. If I click on one variabe which
is watched I get another pane with three tabs one of it is
Evaluator. But well that was a kind of suprise to me.

Regards
Friedrich

Re: Things I'm missing in the Glamorous Debugger

Tudor Girba-2

Thanks for the feedback.

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Friedrich Dominicus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok here are the things I used to have but am missin in the Glamourous
debugger
- Inspection of values  (yes they are listed in the lower area) but
there can be quite a few Variables in which I may or may not be
interested.

What do you mean by this? You can select any code and press cmd+i like in any smalltalk editor. Is this not enough?

- there is simply no workspace available in the debugger. So just
  issuing a few commands simply does not do it.

I also felt the need for this one a couple of times.

- I personally find the stepping symbols to small. They are not reall
  bad but kind of "strange"

This will not change because it is part of Glamour (well, it will change once we get SVG icons, but it will take a while).

Doru

Regards
Friedrich

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Things I'm missing in the Glamorous Debugger

Sam Adams-2

+1 on larger icons...... some of us old Smalltalkers eyes are not so good and hands are not so steady anymore.

Sam S. Adams, Cognitive Knowledge Systems
IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM Research
Mobile: 919-696-6064, email: [hidden email]
Assistant: Tonja Ross, 404-348-9086, Tie-Line: 824-9086, [hidden email]
<<Hebrews 11:6, Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 1:16-17, 1 Corinthians 1:10>>

Inactive hide details for Tudor Girba ---02/05/2014 09:39:28 AM---Hi, Thanks for the feedback.Tudor Girba ---02/05/2014 09:39:28 AM---Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

From: Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
To: Moose-related development <[hidden email]>
Date: 02/05/2014 09:39 AM
Subject: [Moose-dev] Re: Things I'm missing in the Glamorous Debugger
Sent by: [hidden email]

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"_______________________________________________

Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Friedrich Dominicus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Ok here are the things I used to have but am missin in the
>     Glamourous
>     debugger
>     - Inspection of values (yes they are listed in the lower area) but
>     there can be quite a few Variables in which I may or may not be
>     interested.
>
> What do you mean by this? You can select any code and press cmd+i like
> in any smalltalk editor. Is this not enough?

Sorry, on the right side at the top is the code and in this code I may
have an assignment

thisObject := ... whatever but I can not go on thisObject and simply
type Cmd-i because that simply does not work here (Linux 64 bit)

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: Things I'm missing in the Glamorous Debugger

Tudor Girba-2
Hmm. Do you have an example?

Doru

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Friedrich Dominicus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Friedrich Dominicus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Ok here are the things I used to have but am missin in the
>     Glamourous
>     debugger
>     - Inspection of values (yes they are listed in the lower area) but
>     there can be quite a few Variables in which I may or may not be
>     interested.
>
> What do you mean by this? You can select any code and press cmd+i like
> in any smalltalk editor. Is this not enough?

Sorry, on the right side at the top is the code and in this code I may
have an assignment

thisObject := ... whatever but I can not go on thisObject and simply
type Cmd-i because that simply does not work here (Linux 64 bit)

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Things I'm missing in the Glamorous Debugger

FDominicus
Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hmm. Do you have an example?
Oh it works in the source pane. What was my problem yesterday? I can't
tell.

Regards
Friedrich