This interpreter (vers. 6505) cannot read image file (vers. 6521). [FreeBSD]

This interpreter (vers. 6505) cannot read image file (vers. 6521). [FreeBSD]

Petr Fischer
Hello, I finally managed linux compatibility layer and all 32bit dependencies on FreeBSD to run official Pharo 5 VM, but got this error:

"This interpreter (vers. 6505) cannot read image file (vers. 6521)."

It's official centos download from pharo.org:
http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo5.0-centos.zip

I downloaded *-centos" package because there is older glibc than 2.15 on FreeBSD (default GNU/Linux distribution from pharo.org needs glibc >= 2.15).

Whats wrong? Thanks! Petr Fischer

Re: This interpreter (vers. 6505) cannot read image file (vers. 6521). [FreeBSD]

Ben Coman
On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 6:04 AM, Petr Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, I finally managed linux compatibility layer and all 32bit dependencies on FreeBSD to run official Pharo 5 VM, but got this error:
>
> "This interpreter (vers. 6505) cannot read image file (vers. 6521)."
>
> It's official centos download from pharo.org:
> http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo5.0-centos.zip
>
> I downloaded *-centos" package because there is older glibc than 2.15 on FreeBSD (default GNU/Linux distribution from pharo.org needs glibc >= 2.15).
>
> Whats wrong? Thanks! Petr Fischer

The Image file format changed for Spur.  You are trying to open a Spur
Image with a non-Spur VM.  You need to update your VM.  Probably one
of these will do...

http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/linux/stable-20160504.zip
http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharoS-spur32/linux/stable-20160504.zip

The first is Cog+Spur. The second is StackInterpreter+Spur.

cheers -ben

Re: This interpreter (vers. 6505) cannot read image file (vers. 6521). [FreeBSD]

Petr Fischer
Why is incompatible VM and Image in official (centos) distribution (main download) on pharo.org?

This first impression is really terrible... Simply don't work... What about newcomers?

Your links to stable spur vms are compiled with glibc >= 2.15 - is there vms compiled with older glibc (< 2.15), like on this page?
http://pharo.org/gnu-linux-installation

pf

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 6:04 AM, Petr Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello, I finally managed linux compatibility layer and all 32bit dependencies on FreeBSD to run official Pharo 5 VM, but got this error:
> >
> > "This interpreter (vers. 6505) cannot read image file (vers. 6521)."
> >
> > It's official centos download from pharo.org:
> > http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo5.0-centos.zip
> >
> > I downloaded *-centos" package because there is older glibc than 2.15 on FreeBSD (default GNU/Linux distribution from pharo.org needs glibc >= 2.15).
> >
> > Whats wrong? Thanks! Petr Fischer
>
> The Image file format changed for Spur.  You are trying to open a Spur
> Image with a non-Spur VM.  You need to update your VM.  Probably one
> of these will do...
>
> http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/linux/stable-20160504.zip
> http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharoS-spur32/linux/stable-20160504.zip
>
> The first is Cog+Spur. The second is StackInterpreter+Spur.
>
> cheers -ben

Re: This interpreter (vers. 6505) cannot read image file (vers. 6521). [FreeBSD]

vonbecmann
hi Petr,
 im using this vm

on debian wheezy. i think jan did it, he announced it in this mailing list.

--
Bernardo E.C.

Sent from a cheap desktop computer in South America.