This sentence made my day [WAS] Re: Dark Mode

1 message Options

This sentence made my day [WAS] Re: Dark Mode

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 6:50 PM, PBKResearch <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree with Dimitris - it is all a matter of preference - not all eyes are the same. For myself, I find the default dark theme in Pharo very uncomfortable. On my system, some elements have a black foreground on a dark grey background, which is almost impossible to see. This is always true of the maximise/minimise/close buttons, but sometimes also of text fields in a playground. Whenever I download a new image, I immediately switch to the Watery theme, with light background and nice coloured buttons on the windows.

Of course, my eyes may not be typical. I am now aged 84, and I have had cataract operations on both eyes. My sight is actually quite good - my optometrist confirms that I am legal to drive without spectacles - but my adverse reaction to dark mode is strong and immediate.

Sometimes is hard to explain to someone outside the community why Smalltalkers love they language so much. I think above paragraph says it all. It made my day. I wish I can follow that path! hahaha.

Just my 2p worth

Peter Kenny