Tiling Window Manager

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
The concept and look of TWM is cool, but for me it groups things in a way that is non-helpful. I never want to tile "all the browsers" or "all the workspaces". I want to group tools logically, e.g. "show only the tools related to fixing bug 1234".
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Tiling Window Manager

laurent laffont
How would you group / identify related windows ?

Actually TWM has these ways for grouping windows:

- tabs: (GroupWindowMorph new openInWindowLabeled: 'Window organizer') extent: 400@400
- dock: DockingWindowMorph new openInWorld.
but needs some work to be really nice.

Laurent

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
The concept and look of TWM is cool, but for me it groups things in a way
that is non-helpful. I never want to tile "all the browsers" or "all the
workspaces". I want to group tools logically, e.g. "show only the tools
related to fixing bug 1234".

Re: Tiling Window Manager

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
laurent laffont wrote
Actually TWM has these ways for grouping windows:
Cool, I retract. Let me play with those and report back!
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Tiling Window Manager

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
laurent laffont wrote
Actually TWM has these ways for grouping windows:
- worlds: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/06/multiple-worlds-for-twm.html
Forgot about that! Okay, that is helpful.

laurent laffont wrote
(Pharo 1.4): http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/07/twm-docking-windows.html
- tabs: (GroupWindowMorph new openInWindowLabeled: 'Window organizer')
extent: 400@400
- dock: DockingWindowMorph new openInWorld.
but needs some work to be really nice.
These don't work on Pharo 1.3. They open, but do not accept morphs dropped on them.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Tiling Window Manager

laurent laffont
> (Pharo 1.4): http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/07/twm-docking-windows.html
> - tabs: (GroupWindowMorph new openInWindowLabeled: 'Window organizer')
> extent: 400@400
> - dock: DockingWindowMorph new openInWorld.
> but needs some work to be really nice.

These don't work on Pharo 1.3. They open, but do not accept morphs dropped
on them.

Yes, only in Pharo 1.4. If you want to make it work on Pharo 1.3, you should load these changesets before loading TWM: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=4391

Laurent

Re: Tiling Window Manager

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
laurent laffont wrote
> These don't work on Pharo 1.3. They open, but do not accept morphs dropped
> on them.

Yes, only in Pharo 1.4. If you want to make it work on Pharo 1.3, you
should load these changesets before loading TWM:
Does anyone have this working? I loaded the change sets (do they have to be loaded in a particular order?) and then TWM and TWM's tabbed morphs still didn't accept drops.
Cheers,
Sean