Time to clean old compatibility code?

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

I see in some methods that there is a double cache lookup for
compatibility purposes.

We can see for example #numberOfLinesOfCode with the lookup for #LOC,
#numberOfStatements with #NOS and #cyclomaticComplexity with #CYCLO.

Those changes were done 7 years ago. Should we still keep those
compatibility lookup or do you think it is time to remove them? Because,
when applied to thousands of entities this can slow down some
operations. For small models it is acceptable but for really large model
it would be cool if we could done only one lookup.

I am waiting your opinion on this :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Time to clean old compatibility code?

Stéphane Ducasse
can you send the code so that we really understand what is the double cache lookup?
On 23 Sep 2017, at 23:06, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I see in some methods that there is a double cache lookup for
compatibility purposes.

We can see for example #numberOfLinesOfCode with the lookup for #LOC,
#numberOfStatements with #NOS and #cyclomaticComplexity with #CYCLO.

Those changes were done 7 years ago. Should we still keep those
compatibility lookup or do you think it is time to remove them? Because,
when applied to thousands of entities this can slow down some
operations. For small models it is acceptable but for really large model
it would be cool if we could done only one lookup.

I am waiting your opinion on this :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: Time to clean old compatibility code?

Tudor Girba-2

These were indeed done for compatibility with inFusion. As we do not need this anymore, we can remove the lookup of abbreviations.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Sep 23, 2017, at 11:06 PM, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I see in some methods that there is a double cache lookup for
> compatibility purposes.
>
> We can see for example #numberOfLinesOfCode with the lookup for #LOC,
> #numberOfStatements with #NOS and #cyclomaticComplexity with #CYCLO.
>
> Those changes were done 7 years ago. Should we still keep those
> compatibility lookup or do you think it is time to remove them? Because,
> when applied to thousands of entities this can slow down some
> operations. For small models it is acceptable but for really large model
> it would be cool if we could done only one lookup.
>
> I am waiting your opinion on this :)
>
> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr
>
> http://www.synectique.eu
> 2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
> 59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

“The smaller and more pervasive the hardware becomes, the more physical the software gets."

Le 24/09/2017 à 11:51, Tudor Girba a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> These were indeed done for compatibility with inFusion. As we do not need this anymore, we can remove the lookup of abbreviations.

I'll do it. Thank you.

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> “The smaller and more pervasive the hardware becomes, the more physical the software gets."

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Time to clean old compatibility code?

Tudor Girba-2
No. Thank you! You are doing a great job.

Doru

> On Sep 24, 2017, at 12:21 PM, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le 24/09/2017 à 11:51, Tudor Girba a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> These were indeed done for compatibility with inFusion. As we do not need this anymore, we can remove the lookup of abbreviations.
>>

> I'll do it. Thank you.
>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> “The smaller and more pervasive the hardware becomes, the more physical the software gets."

> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr
>
> http://www.synectique.eu
> 2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,