TimeZone

Juan-2
hi

I have problems try to configure TimeZone , the time informed by system is wrong
there is any procedure to adjust TimeZone and friends?
any pointer be appreciated
best regards
mdc

Re: TimeZone

Nick
I wrote the following bash file to set the timezone to the machine's OS's timezone.

----
#!/bin/bash

$GEMSTONE/bin/topaz -l << EOF

set user SystemUser pass swordfish gems seaside

login
run
| osTZ |
System beginTransaction.
osTZ := TimeZone fromOS.
osTZ installAsCurrentTimeZone.
TimeZone default: osTZ.
TimeZoneInfo default: osTZ.
System commitTransaction.
%

logout
errorCount
EOF
----

Hope this helps

Nick

On 18 October 2010 21:09, Juan <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi

I have problems try to configure TimeZone , the time informed by system is wrong
there is any procedure to adjust TimeZone and friends?
any pointer be appreciated
best regards
mdc

Re: TimeZone

Juan-2
Hi

I make the timezoneinfo.txt script with success,.
But

evaluating

 Time now     18:28:38 => good
 Date  today 10/18/10 => good
 TimeStamp now  10/18/10 21:29:30   => wrong.
any clue?
best regards
mdc

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wrote the following bash file to set the timezone to the machine's OS's
> timezone.
> ----
> #!/bin/bash
> $GEMSTONE/bin/topaz -l << EOF
> set user SystemUser pass swordfish gems seaside
> login
> run
> | osTZ |
> System beginTransaction.
> osTZ := TimeZone fromOS.
> osTZ installAsCurrentTimeZone.
> TimeZone default: osTZ.
> TimeZoneInfo default: osTZ.
> System commitTransaction.
> %
> logout
> errorCount
> EOF
> ----
> Hope this helps
> Nick
> On 18 October 2010 21:09, Juan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> hi
>>
>> I have problems try to configure TimeZone , the time informed by system is
>> wrong
>> there is any procedure to adjust TimeZone and friends?
>> any pointer be appreciated
>> best regards
>> mdc

Re: TimeZone

Juan-2
hi all

another error from script timezone.txt

topaz> !
topaz> set user SystemUser pass swordfish gems gs64stone
Warning: GemStone is clearing the previous GemStone password.
topaz> login
GemStone: Error         Fatal
The given Stone Repository monitor cannot be reached:
, could not find server 'gs64stone' on host 'glass' because: it does
not exist.
Error Category: [GemStone] Number: 4065 Arg Count: 1
Arg 1: 20
topaz> run
RUN can't be used prior to logging in.
... after error, skipping input source down to %%
SKIPPED above method/doit due to error preceeding it
topaz> logout
LOGOUT can't be used prior to logging in.

Any pointer be appreciated.
best regards
mdc-

Re: TimeZone

James Foster-8
Change 'gs64stone' to the name of your stone, e.g., 'seaside'.

James