Timming a block

Fernando Rodriguez
Hi,

Time>>millisecondsToRun: is ok, but isn't there anything better?
I'd like to know at least, how much of that time was spent on gc, and
how much was spend on user code...

Thanks

Re: Timming a block

Esteban A. Maringolo
Use a profiler.

Ian made one very nice:
http://www.idb.me.uk/goodies5/profiler.html

Re: Timming a block

Bernhard Kohlhaas-6
Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Time>>millisecondsToRun: is ok, but isn't there anything better?
> I'd like to know at least, how much of that time was spent on gc, and
> how much was spend on user code...
>
> Thanks

Have you tried Ian Bartholomew's profiler goodie? You can find it with
the rest of his goodies at http://www.idb.me.uk/goodies5/goodies5.html
There is no documentation for the D5 version, so take a look at the
documentation for the D4 version at
http://www.idb.me.uk/goodies4/profiler.html

Bernhard
P.S.: comp.lang.smalltalk removed as posting target.