TimyMCE integration and RSS generator

Nicolas Petton
Hi,

"e addRichEditorAspect: #contents for: document."
Does not work. I still have a texterea.

What am I missing ? Where is the code of TinyMCE in AIDA ?

BTW, is there a RSS generator for Aida ? If not, how can I generate
RSS ?

Cheers,

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

TimyMCE integration and RSS generator

Nicholas Moore
Nicolas,

You need to tell WebRichEditor where to find your javascript. I have a
/jscripts/ directory at the same level as my /vw/ directory. My method
looks like this:

WebRichEditor >> ensureJavascriptForEditorInHeader
    | page url headerValue |
    page := self app.
    url := '/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js'.
    headerValue := ' src="', url, '" language="JavaScript"
type="text/javascript"'.
    (page headers contains: [:each | each key = 'script' and: [each
value = headerValue] ]) ifFalse:
        [page addHeader: 'script' value: headerValue.
        page addJavascript: self richEditorInitScript].

and then is called in my viewMain like this:

    element cell add: (self smallText: 'Text: ' attributes: #bold).
    element cell
        addRichEditorAspect: #body
        for: self newTopic
        size: 50 @ 20.

(See my post of 12/9/07 where I submitted a zip file with code for a
WebForum I have developed).
I do not know about RSS and AIDA.

Nicholas

nicolas petton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "e addRichEditorAspect: #contents for: document."
> Does not work. I still have a texterea.
>
> What am I missing ? Where is the code of TinyMCE in AIDA ?
>
> BTW, is there a RSS generator for Aida ? If not, how can I generate
> RSS ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas

*Nicholas J Moore*
+44 845 632 1966
+33 555 092 140
+33 682 904 357
*TSR International
*Thought Leaders in Communication & Complexity
www.TSR-i.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

TimyMCE integration and RSS generator

Nicolas Petton

Le jeudi 25 octobre 2007 ? 18:52 +0200, Nicholas Moore a ?crit :

> Nicolas,
>
> You need to tell WebRichEditor where to find your javascript. I have
> a /jscripts/ directory at the same level as my /vw/ directory. My
> method looks like this:
>
> WebRichEditor >> ensureJavascriptForEditorInHeader
>     | page url headerValue |
>     page := self app.
>     url := '/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js'.
>     headerValue := ' src="', url, '" language="JavaScript"
> type="text/javascript"'.
>     (page headers contains: [:each | each key = 'script' and: [each
> value = headerValue] ]) ifFalse:
>         [page addHeader: 'script' value: headerValue.
>         page addJavascript: self richEditorInitScript].
>
> and then is called in my viewMain like this:
>
>     element cell add: (self smallText: 'Text: ' attributes: #bold).
>     element cell
>         addRichEditorAspect: #body
>         for: self newTopic
>         size: 50 @ 20.
>
> (See my post of 12/9/07 where I submitted a zip file with code for a
> WebForum I have developed).

Thank you Nicholas :)
Where is your blog ?

Nicolas

> I do not know about RSS and AIDA.
>
> Nicholas
>
> nicolas petton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > "e addRichEditorAspect: #contents for: document."
> > Does not work. I still have a texterea.
> >
> > What am I missing ? Where is the code of TinyMCE in AIDA ?
> >
> > BTW, is there a RSS generator for Aida ? If not, how can I generate
> > RSS ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Nicolas

> Nicholas J Moore
> +44 845 632 1966
> +33 555 092 140
> +33 682 904 357
> TSR International
> Thought Leaders in Communication & Complexity
> www.TSR-i.com

Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
             ___
           ooooooo
          OOOOOOOOO
         |Smalltalk|
          OOOOOOOOO
           ooooooo
            \   /
             [|]
--------------------------------
Ma cl? GPG est disponible ici :
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE788C34D

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

TimyMCE integration and RSS generator

Nicolas Petton

Le jeudi 25 octobre 2007 ? 19:02 +0200, nicolas petton a ?crit :

> Le jeudi 25 octobre 2007 ? 18:52 +0200, Nicholas Moore a ?crit :
> > Nicolas,
> >
> > You need to tell WebRichEditor where to find your javascript. I have
> > a /jscripts/ directory at the same level as my /vw/ directory. My
> > method looks like this:
> >
> > WebRichEditor >> ensureJavascriptForEditorInHeader
> >     | page url headerValue |
> >     page := self app.
> >     url := '/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js'.
> >     headerValue := ' src="', url, '" language="JavaScript"
> > type="text/javascript"'.
> >     (page headers contains: [:each | each key = 'script' and: [each
> > value = headerValue] ]) ifFalse:
> >         [page addHeader: 'script' value: headerValue.
> >         page addJavascript: self richEditorInitScript].
> >
> > and then is called in my viewMain like this:
> >
> >     element cell add: (self smallText: 'Text: ' attributes: #bold).
> >     element cell
> >         addRichEditorAspect: #body
> >         for: self newTopic
> >         size: 50 @ 20.
> >
> > (See my post of 12/9/07 where I submitted a zip file with code for a
> > WebForum I have developed).
>
> Thank you Nicholas :)
> Where is your blog ?
sorry, I didn't notice it was on the mailing-list...

Nicolas

> Nicolas
> > I do not know about RSS and AIDA.
> >
> > Nicholas
> >
> > nicolas petton wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > "e addRichEditorAspect: #contents for: document."
> > > Does not work. I still have a texterea.
> > >
> > > What am I missing ? Where is the code of TinyMCE in AIDA ?
> > >
> > > BTW, is there a RSS generator for Aida ? If not, how can I generate
> > > RSS ?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Nicolas

> > --
> >

> > Nicholas J Moore
> > +44 845 632 1966
> > +33 555 092 140
> > +33 682 904 357
> > TSR International
> > Thought Leaders in Communication & Complexity
> > www.TSR-i.com

Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
             ___
           ooooooo
          OOOOOOOOO
         |Smalltalk|
          OOOOOOOOO
           ooooooo
            \   /
             [|]
--------------------------------
Ma cl? GPG est disponible ici :
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE788C34D

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

TimyMCE integration and RSS generator

Janko Mivšek
Hi Nicolas,

nicolas petton a ?crit :

> "e addRichEditorAspect: #contents for: document."
> Does not work. I still have a texterea.

You need to install TinyMCE first, because it is not part of Aida in
methods like other components as Date picker. Follow instructions from
http://www.aidaweb.si/tinymce.html.
> What am I missing ? Where is the code of TinyMCE in AIDA ?
>
> BTW, is there a RSS generator for Aida ? If not, how can I generate
> RSS ?

Aida does not have RSS support but it would be fine to integrate some
already written one, possibly in a portable way. Any ideas how to do that?

Cheers from Madrid!
Janko

TimyMCE integration and RSS generator

Nicolas Petton

Le vendredi 26 octobre 2007 ? 10:52 +0200, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> nicolas petton a ?crit :
>
> > "e addRichEditorAspect: #contents for: document."
> > Does not work. I still have a texterea.
> >
> You need to install TinyMCE first, because it is not part of Aida in
> methods like other components as Date picker. Follow instructions from
> http://www.aidaweb.si/tinymce.html.

Thank you Janko, it works :-).
> > What am I missing ? Where is the code of TinyMCE in AIDA ?
> >
> > BTW, is there a RSS generator for Aida ? If not, how can I generate
> > RSS ?
> >
> Aida does not have RSS support but it would be fine to integrate some
> already written one, possibly in a portable way.
Would it be difficult to create one from scratch ?
> Any ideas how to do that?
>
> Cheers from Madrid!
> Janko
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
             ___
           ooooooo
          OOOOOOOOO
         |Smalltalk|
          OOOOOOOOO
           ooooooo
            \   /
             [|]
--------------------------------
Ma cl? GPG est disponible ici :
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE788C34D

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

RSS generator

Janko Mivšek
nicolas petton a ?crit :
>>> BTW, is there a RSS generator for Aida ? If not, how can I generate
>>> RSS ?
>>>

>> Aida does not have RSS support but it would be fine to integrate some
>> already written one, possibly in a portable way.
>>
> Would it be difficult to create one from scratch ?
I don't know,  being without RSS experience so far. But I would
recommend at least to look for existing RSS packages around. Pier guys
have something, maybe it is general enough for us too?

RSS generator

Nicolas Petton

Le vendredi 26 octobre 2007 ? 14:01 +0200, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :

> nicolas petton a ?crit :
> >>>

> >> Aida does not have RSS support but it would be fine to integrate some
> >> already written one, possibly in a portable way.
> >>
> > Would it be difficult to create one from scratch ?
> I don't know,  being without RSS experience so far. But I would
> recommend at least to look for existing RSS packages around.
The only Smalltalk RSS package I know is RSRSS.
>  Pier guys
> have something, maybe it is general enough for us too?
It's RSRSS, but I but it's not general at all, since it's based on
Seaside classes (WAComponent, WARenderLoop, WACanvas, and WASession).

Cheers,

Nicolas
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
             ___
           ooooooo
          OOOOOOOOO
         |Smalltalk|
          OOOOOOOOO
           ooooooo
            \   /
             [|]
--------------------------------
Ma cl? GPG est disponible ici :
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE788C34D

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

TimyMCE integration and RSS generator

giorgiof
I don't know if it would be a good idea to start from scratch, if possible,
There should be a package named RSRSS2 or SeasideRSRSS in the seaside world,
and it seems that Nial Ross is trying to port it to VW to.  probably could
be a good idea to you to collaborate?

I send this mail do Nial also, so you can eventually get in touch and
discover if what I'm supposing here is feasible (IE: the stuff is not to
much connected with Seaside). In any case that paccage could be a start for
you to made one for AIda.

HTH

Giorgo Ferraris

On 10/26/07, nicolas petton <petton.nicolas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le vendredi 26 octobre 2007 ? 10:52 +0200, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
> > Hi Nicolas,
> >
> > nicolas petton a ?crit :
> >
> > > "e addRichEditorAspect: #contents for: document."
> > > Does not work. I still have a texterea.
> > >
> > You need to install TinyMCE first, because it is not part of Aida in
> > methods like other components as Date picker. Follow instructions from
> > http://www.aidaweb.si/tinymce.html.
>
> Thank you Janko, it works :-).
> > > What am I missing ? Where is the code of TinyMCE in AIDA ?
> > >
> > > BTW, is there a RSS generator for Aida ? If not, how can I generate
> > > RSS ?
> > >
> > Aida does not have RSS support but it would be fine to integrate some
> > already written one, possibly in a portable way.
> Would it be difficult to create one from scratch ?
> > Any ideas how to do that?
> >
> > Cheers from Madrid!
> > Janko
> Nicolas Petton
> http://nico.bioskop.fr
>              ___
>            ooooooo
>           OOOOOOOOO
>          |Smalltalk|
>           OOOOOOOOO
>            ooooooo
>             \   /
>              [|]

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

RSS generator

Janko Mivšek
nicolas petton a ?crit :

> Le vendredi 26 octobre 2007 ? 14:01 +0200, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
>
>> nicolas petton a ?crit :

>>> Would it be difficult to create one from scratch ?
>>>
>> I don't know,  being without RSS experience so far. But I would
>> recommend at least to look for existing RSS packages around.
>>
> The only Smalltalk RSS package I know is RSRSS.
>
>>  Pier guys
>> have something, maybe it is general enough for us too?
>>
> It's RSRSS, but I but it's not general at all, since it's based on
> Seaside classes (WAComponent, WARenderLoop, WACanvas, and WASession).
What about porting something from VW?

Janko

RSS generator

Esteban A. Maringolo
On 10/26/07, Janko Miv?ek <janko.mivsek en eranova.si> wrote:
> nicolas petton a ?crit :
> > Le vendredi 26 octobre 2007 ? 14:01 +0200, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :

> >> nicolas petton a ?crit :

> >>  Pier guys
> >> have something, maybe it is general enough for us too?
> >>
> > It's RSRSS, but I but it's not general at all, since it's based on
> > Seaside classes (WAComponent, WARenderLoop, WACanvas, and WASession).
> What about porting something from VW?

Actually if we choose AIDA, I'm seriously considering using a mix, the
WACanvas and WABrush'es are a neat approach to the problem of
rendering (X)HTML.

Best regards,

--
Esteban A. Maringolo
eMaringolo en gmail.com

RSS generator

Janko Mivšek
Hi Giorgio, Nial and others,

giorgio ferraris a ?crit :

> I don't know if it would be a good idea to start from scratch, if
> possible,
> There should be a package named RSRSS2 or SeasideRSRSS in the seaside
> world, and it seems that Nial Ross is trying to port it to VW to.
> probably could be a good idea to you to collaborate?
>
> I send this mail do Nial also, so you can eventually get in touch and
> discover if what I'm supposing here is feasible (IE: the stuff is not
> to much connected with Seaside). In any case that paccage could be a
> start for you to made one for AIda.

It would be just nice if we'll have a portable RSS support, which is
layered like:

    - a general part  (RSS protocol)
    - web framework specific (HTML rendering of posts).

Do you think this can be done from current RSRSS2?

Best regards
Janko

> On 10/26/07, *nicolas petton* <petton.nicolas na gmail.com
> <mailto:petton.nicolas na gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Le vendredi 26 octobre 2007 ? 10:52 +0200, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
>     > Hi Nicolas,
>     >
>     > nicolas petton a ?crit :
>     >
>     > > "e addRichEditorAspect: #contents for: document."
>     > > Does not work. I still have a texterea.
>     > >
>     > You need to install TinyMCE first, because it is not part of
>     Aida in
>     > methods like other components as Date picker. Follow
>     instructions from
>     > http://www.aidaweb.si/tinymce.html.
>
>     Thank you Janko, it works :-).
>     > > What am I missing ? Where is the code of TinyMCE in AIDA ?
>     > >
>     > > BTW, is there a RSS generator for Aida ? If not, how can I
>     generate
>     > > RSS ?
>     > >
>     > Aida does not have RSS support but it would be fine to integrate
>     some
>     > already written one, possibly in a portable way.
>     Would it be difficult to create one from scratch ?
>     > Any ideas how to do that?
>     >
>     > Cheers from Madrid!
>     > Janko

RSS generator

Nicolas Petton
2007/10/28, Janko Miv?ek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si>:

> Hi Giorgio, Nial and others,
>
> giorgio ferraris a ?crit :
> > I don't know if it would be a good idea to start from scratch, if
> > possible,
> > There should be a package named RSRSS2 or SeasideRSRSS in the seaside
> > world, and it seems that Nial Ross is trying to port it to VW to.
> > probably could be a good idea to you to collaborate?
> >
> > I send this mail do Nial also, so you can eventually get in touch and
> > discover if what I'm supposing here is feasible (IE: the stuff is not
> > to much connected with Seaside). In any case that paccage could be a
> > start for you to made one for AIda.
>
> It would be just nice if we'll have a portable RSS support, which is
> layered like:
>
>     - a general part  (RSS protocol)
>     - web framework specific (HTML rendering of posts).
>
> Do you think this can be done from current RSRSS2?

Yes, I think, but we need to change almost everything. But I think it would
be easier to create something for AIDA, maybe based on some existing work.
I'm going to adapt squeaksource rss generator (which is simple) to AIDA,
just for a try.

regards,

Nicolas

Best regards

> Janko
>
> > On 10/26/07, *nicolas petton* <petton.nicolas at gmail.com
> > <mailto:petton.nicolas at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >

> >     Le vendredi 26 octobre 2007 ? 10:52 +0200, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
> >     > Hi Nicolas,
> >     >
> >     > nicolas petton a ?crit :
> >     >
> >     > > "e addRichEditorAspect: #contents for: document."
> >     > > Does not work. I still have a texterea.
> >     > >
> >     > You need to install TinyMCE first, because it is not part of
> >     Aida in
> >     > methods like other components as Date picker. Follow
> >     instructions from
> >     > http://www.aidaweb.si/tinymce.html.
> >
> >     Thank you Janko, it works :-).
> >     > > What am I missing ? Where is the code of TinyMCE in AIDA ?
> >     > >
> >     > > BTW, is there a RSS generator for Aida ? If not, how can I
> >     generate
> >     > > RSS ?
> >     > >
> >     > Aida does not have RSS support but it would be fine to integrate
> >     some
> >     > already written one, possibly in a portable way.
> >     Would it be difficult to create one from scratch ?
> >     > Any ideas how to do that?
> >     >
> >     > Cheers from Madrid!
> >     > Janko

Nicolas

http://bioskop.wordpress.com
Une pi?ce jointe HTML a ?t? nettoy?e...

RSS generator

Nicolas Petton

As I said a couple of days ago, I'm working on a simple RSS support for
Aida, based on SqueakSource. It works fine for me, I use it in my blog
(powered by Aida of course).
It's only a first try, and it's quite simple for now, but I'm working on
some improvements.

You can download Squeak package here : http://mc.bioskop.fr/AidaRSS/

Cheers,

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
Ma cl? GPG est disponible ici :
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE788C34D

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

RSS generator

Michael Rueger-6
nicolas petton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I said a couple of days ago, I'm working on a simple RSS support for
> Aida, based on SqueakSource. It works fine for me, I use it in my blog
> (powered by Aida of course).
> It's only a first try, and it's quite simple for now, but I'm working on
> some improvements.

Darn, I just realized that a mail I sent never made it.

We have a little bit of RSS related code in the Sophie project. Might be
too late now, but for the curious:
http://source.sophieproject.org/Sophie/Sophie-RSS-tat.6.mcz

Michael

RSS generator

Nicolas Petton

Le mercredi 31 octobre 2007 ? 13:01 +0100, Michael Rueger a ?crit :

> nicolas petton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As I said a couple of days ago, I'm working on a simple RSS support for
> > Aida, based on SqueakSource. It works fine for me, I use it in my blog
> > (powered by Aida of course).
> > It's only a first try, and it's quite simple for now, but I'm working on
> > some improvements.
>
> Darn, I just realized that a mail I sent never made it.
>
> We have a little bit of RSS related code in the Sophie project. Might be
> too late now, but for the curious:
> http://source.sophieproject.org/Sophie/Sophie-RSS-tat.6.mcz
Thank you Michael, I'll look at your code.

Nicolas

> Michael

Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr