Tiny 1.6 client problems

TimKack
Hi all,

I noticed that there is a tiny problem when loading Magma Client 1.6 - I am not sure if it has to do with the version of Maui I am using (head) or not.

MauiWorld(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #registry
MagmaCollectionReader class>>initialize
MCMethodDefinition>>postload
MCMethodDefinition(MCDefinition)>>postloadOver:
[] in [] in [] in [] in [] in MCPackageLoader>>basicLoad
[] in [] in OrderedCollection(Collection)>>do:displayingProgress:every:
OrderedCollection>>do:
[] in OrderedCollection(Collection)>>do:displayingProgress:every:
[] in [] in MorphicUIManager>>displayProgress:at:from:to:during:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in MorphicUIManager>>displayProgress:at:from:to:during:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
MorphicUIManager>>displayProgress:at:from:to:during:
ProgressInitiationException>>defaultResumeValue
ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>resume
ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:

Both MagmaCollectionReader and MagmaCollection initialize class methods needs to be changed to use MauiRegistry global instead of (Smalltalk classNamed: #MauiWorld) current registry.

i.e.
initialize
        Smalltalk hasMaui ifTrue:
                [ MauiRegistry global
                        register: (Smalltalk classNamed: #MauiCollectionMorph)
                        forAny: self ]

Cheers,
Tim_______________________________________________
Magma mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

Re: Tiny 1.6 client problems

Chris Muller-3
Hi Tim, sorry about the delayed reply, yes, the problem is actually
that I hadn't updated the Maui code with a fixed version in way too
long, and so you had no choice but to load the (head) version, which
should not be mixed with fixed versions of other Ma packages.

I've just done that, and you should be able to get the latest Maui
code into a Squeak 5.1 image by loading either the fixed versions
designated for Squeak 5.1, or the (head) versions (again, not mixed
though).

Unfortunately, regular trunk is broken by the Etoys import right now,
so the (head) versions cannot be loaded there.

Best,
  Chris