[Tiny ANN]: SlowEntryCompletion

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I had a situation where the completion items were being pulled from the Internet (Google Places), and the lag was unacceptable, so I created a subclass which only updates at a specified interval. Here it is in case you find it useful (MIT license): https://github.com/seandenigris/MorphicEnhancements/tree/master/repository/SlowEntryCompletion.package
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [Tiny ANN]: SlowEntryCompletion

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 17-06-16 20:40, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> I had a situation where the completion items were being pulled from the
> Internet (Google Places), and the lag was unacceptable, so I created a
> subclass which only updates at a specified interval. Here it is in case you
> find it useful (MIT license):
> https://github.com/seandenigris/MorphicEnhancements/tree/master/repository/SlowEntryCompletion.package

Is that something to add to the spec selectentity widget?

Stephan

Re: [Tiny ANN]: SlowEntryCompletion

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stephan Eggermont wrote
Is that something to add to the spec selectentity widget?
Possibly. I'm still playing with it, though. In Magritte, there is no hook to change the EntryCompletion class, so instead I created a DynamicOptions class. That got me thinking that maybe an object could be passed to EC without subclassing...
Cheers,
Sean