To Go apps

Louis Sumberg-2
I'm very impressed with the reduction in size of executables.  All of my
apps are anywhere from 30% to 60% smaller.

They all run on my pc, but with two other pcs that don't have Dolphin
installed, I get "UndefinedObject DNU #method" when I try to run them.  The
two pcs are running Win95 and Win98.  I checked the latter's MSVCIRT.DLL and
it's Version 6.00.something.

Re: To Go apps

Blair McGlashan
Louis

You wrote in message news:[hidden email]...
> I'm very impressed with the reduction in size of executables.  All of my
> apps are anywhere from 30% to 60% smaller.
>
> They all run on my pc, but with two other pcs that don't have Dolphin
> installed, I get "UndefinedObject DNU #method" when I try to run them.
The
> two pcs are running Win95 and Win98.  I checked the latter's MSVCIRT.DLL
and
> it's Version 6.00.something.

Can you send a crash dump off those machines please. By default run time
apps will write dumps to a .errors file with the same stem as the executable
into the directory with the .exe.

Thanks

Blair

Re: To Go apps

Louis Sumberg-2
Blair,

Thanks for the explanation, i.e., since I'm using Compiler, the target
machines need DolphinCR005.dll.  They work fine now on a Dolphin-less pc.
And I'll say it again -- I really do like the smaller exe size.  It helps to
dispell the association that Smalltalk = Bloat.  With easier app
distribution, a snappy GUI that doesn't require bleeding-edge hardware, and
more examples around than a couple of versions ago, OA might just be able to
capture some of the VB market.

-- Louis