To be there or not to be there

HilaireFernandes
Hello,

I have re-organized the packages and classes in DrGeo with Calypso. An
now I come to a situation where methods seems to be there without been
there.

For example DrGeoWindow>>newTable: methods,

- Calypso can browse it and can show its implementor

- Nautilus can browse it and can NOT show its implementor

- and more importantly when exported to tonel file, it is missing !

Who knows what else methods are missing.

See screenshot.

Any idea?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

ToBeThereOrNotToBeThere.png (503K) Download Attachment

Re: To be there or not to be there

Ben Coman

On 4 April 2018 at 05:06, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have re-organized the packages and classes in DrGeo with Calypso. An now I come to a situation where methods seems to be there without been there.

For example DrGeoWindow>>newTable: methods,

- Calypso can browse it and can show its implementor

- Nautilus can browse it and can NOT show its implementor

- and more importantly when exported to tonel file, it is missing !

Who knows what else methods are missing.

See screenshot.

Any idea?

I haven't used Calypso much yet, but #newTable: seems tagged an extension but its not clear which package it belongs to.
In Nautilus, what is the protocol of #newTable: ?

Do you have an original mcz file that loaded into a fresh image and exported immediately to Tonel shows the same behaviour?
i.e. Is it reproducible to help someone debug, or does it seem to have been something that has arisen as you are editing or adding new methods?

cheers -ben

Re: To be there or not to be there

HilaireFernandes
I got the problem gone wtih #newTable: by categorizing it, different
random attempts were needed.

I still have problem with another method in the same class, named
#openModal:

This one is an override, Nautilus says there is not such implementor but
shows it! Calypso says the contrary and insists to show it as an
extension and as well as belonging to a category, I can eventually change.

There are no such original mcz of this package, the problem occurred in
the image while renaming one package, this class was already in this
package. The exported mcz immediately got the problem. Three methods
were originally categorized oddly (*DrGeoUI-Polymorph-Widgets) and it
confused the system when the package was renamed, I cause packaging
rename does not rename the extensions categories, so those methods get
uncategorized.

To resolve the problem with this last one, I just copy method code,
delete it and paste it as a new method.

I will have to review all the classes before the code re-organization to
detect the places where scenarios occur.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: To be there or not to be there

Denis Kudriashov
Hi Hilaire.

Probably there is some case where Calypso do not react on particular system changes. Internally it maintains the cache which needs to be invalidated.
I did a lot of recategorization during my work and I did't saw such problems quite a long time after I fixed last related issue. If you will give me reproducible case I will be able to fix it,

If you will encounter it again you can clean the cache manually using:

ClyNavigationEnvironment reset.

It requires reopening browser.

One question: did you perform all modifications from Calypso?

Best regards,
Denis

Hello,

I have re-organized the packages and classes in DrGeo with Calypso. An now I come to a situation where methods seems to be there without been there.

For example DrGeoWindow>>newTable: methods,

- Calypso can browse it and can show its implementor

- Nautilus can browse it and can NOT show its implementor

- and more importantly when exported to tonel file, it is missing !

Who knows what else methods are missing.

See screenshot.

Any idea?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: To be there or not to be there

HilaireFernandes
Hi Denis,

The origin of the problem seems related when renaming a package, the
category extension (*DrGeoII-Polymorph not renamed as *DrGeoII-UI) seems
to not been renamed accordingly.

I did all the source code re-organization with Calypso.

Later when I saw the problem, I open the class with Nautilus to see the
category extension has not been renamed. From there, I renamed the
extension.

Thanks

Le 04/04/2018 à 10:00, Denis Kudriashov a écrit :

> Hi Hilaire.
>
> Probably there is some case where Calypso do not react on particular
> system changes. Internally it maintains the cache which needs to be
> invalidated.
> I did a lot of recategorization during my work and I did't saw such
> problems quite a long time after I fixed last related issue. If you
> will give me reproducible case I will be able to fix it,
>
> If you will encounter it again you can clean the cache manually using:
>
>     ClyNavigationEnvironment reset.
>

> It requires reopening browser.
>
> One question: did you perform all modifications from Calypso?

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: To be there or not to be there

Denis Kudriashov

Hi Denis,

The origin of the problem seems related when renaming a package, the category extension (*DrGeoII-Polymorph not renamed as *DrGeoII-UI) seems to not been renamed accordingly.

How you performed renaming? From package pane menu/shortcut?

When you rename DrGeoII-Polymorph to DrGeoII-UI the last was already exists?

Le 04/04/2018 à 11:19, Denis Kudriashov a écrit :
> How you performed renaming? From package pane menu/shortcut?
 From pane menu

> When you rename DrGeoII-Polymorph to DrGeoII-UI the last was already
> exists?
Not it did not exist.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: To be there or not to be there

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
HilaireFernandes wrote
> I come to a situation where methods seems to be there without been
> there.

I encountered two seemingly similar problems, not sure yet how to reproduce
and also may have been fixed since then, but for reference they were:
- extension methods saved 2 places in filetree - both in the correct package
and the package of the extended class
- extension methods which are clearly there, but don't show up in Iceberg.
IIRC I had to move the method from a package tag up one level to the package
(i.g. from 'Package-Tag' to 'Package')

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: To be there or not to be there

Denis Kudriashov
Stef found and I fixed one case which could be related to your problem.
So next release it will be integrated.

Also I added to #extra menu group the item "Update" which will help in such buggy cases.

Hello,

I have re-organized the packages and classes in DrGeo with Calypso. An now I come to a situation where methods seems to be there without been there.

For example DrGeoWindow>>newTable: methods,

- Calypso can browse it and can show its implementor

- Nautilus can browse it and can NOT show its implementor

- and more importantly when exported to tonel file, it is missing !

Who knows what else methods are missing.

See screenshot.

Any idea?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: To be there or not to be there

HilaireFernandes
Glad to read that.

Note: it is unlikely I could met again such situation as I already
re-organized the code. But good to know there is this update menu item
if such case arise again.

Thanks

Hilaire

--